Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil seeks PGA release to play in a Saudi-backed tournament

+4
Admin
LongLefty
Blade92
CoJack
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Phil seeks PGA release to play in a Saudi-backed tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil seeks PGA release to play in a Saudi-backed tournament

Post by Admin Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:16 pm

PHIL did great in his interview today

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

gophil36 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Phil seeks PGA release to play in a Saudi-backed tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil seeks PGA release to play in a Saudi-backed tournament

Post by dortt Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:52 am

Little Monahan suspended the players

This is a petty as when Beaman threatened the USGA over the tour not receiving the TV money for the US Open

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:53 am

What is going to happen is the PGA Tour WILL be bankrupted in the courts

Going to need Augusta or even the PGA of America to save the pro circuit. Monahan has done this much damage. Or else, we end up like IndyCar

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by anabaptistman Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:25 pm

What would it take for LIV tournaments to produce World Ranking points? Does anyone know?
anabaptistman
anabaptistman

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:12 pm

anabaptistman wrote:What would it take for LIV tournaments to produce World Ranking points?  Does anyone know?  

they've already applied. USGA, R&A, PGA of America, Augusta, PGA Tour, and int'l fed of PGA Tours will be voting

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by anabaptistman Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:40 pm

dortt wrote:
anabaptistman wrote:What would it take for LIV tournaments to produce World Ranking points?  Does anyone know?  

they've already applied. USGA, R&A, PGA of America, Augusta, PGA Tour, and int'l fed of PGA Tours will be voting

Well that doesn't bode well if those are the people voting!

anabaptistman
anabaptistman

Back to top Go down

Post by anabaptistman Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:43 pm

What did you all think about the first tournament? There were some kind of annoying things (like "don't blink"), but I liked being able to watch the whole round in 4 hours, having the team & individual leaderboard on side of screen, and I like the team aspect - made the final round matter more to people who had no chance of winning.

On the other hand, LIV needs to put a live scoreboard up on their site immediately. That is embarrassing that I couldn't find a full live scoreboard.
anabaptistman
anabaptistman

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:57 pm

The website had the normal leaderboard that could be refreshed but I didn't see a team scoreboard.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by anabaptistman Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:56 pm

j58golf wrote:The website had the normal leaderboard that could be refreshed but I didn't see a team scoreboard.

Oh was it there? Maybe it is just embarrassing that I couldn't find it...
anabaptistman
anabaptistman

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:45 pm

Twitter rumors

Euro tour may align with LIV

If true, game over for the PGA Tour.

As I said, BK in 1 year, MAX

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:07 pm

Did you see the DJ has requested membership in the Euro Tour?

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:50 pm

gophil36 wrote:Did you see the DJ has requested membership in the Euro Tour?

If DJ gets Euro tour membership, just more evidence that the golf world may actually be aligned against the PGA Tour

Idiots like McIlroy are blinded by how fucking stupid Monahan is and how much damage he has done to the game

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by CoJack Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:06 pm

I hate to see this since I thought Phil and Fred Couples were good friends, https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pat-perez-outlandish-shirt-fred-171402194.html

“Have you ever seen Phil look so stupid in his life? They know it’s a joke,” and added, “I don’t think I’ll ever to talk to him again.”

CoJack

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:41 pm

They were supposedly friends over 25 years. Fred lost his mind! I lost all respect for him at the 2008Players championship. It was early in the morning and he was walking over to a practice area. A little kid was calling and chasing him for an autograph and he totally ignored him zero acknowledgement. He could have said sorry I'm going to practice. Not really anyone else around it was early morning. Not like it would have opened the flood gate with autograph seekers. My sisters and I looked at each other in disbelief, we felt horrible for this little kid. From that point on I consider him a big phoney!!

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:47 pm

Fred has some ex-wives who'd agree with you.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by CoJack Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:43 pm

Phil finished 40th out of 48 golfers, shooting +10 for three rounds. I wonder if all the negative press Phil has been receiving is affecting his play?

CoJack

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:59 pm

I think it absolutely is affecting his play. Think of all the horrible press that has come down . Granted athletes get bad press now and then but this has gone well beyond the sports world. Now paid 911protesters . This has gotten crazy especially where Phil was after winning that 6th major. I honestly think after his quotes got leaked everything came crashing down and snowballed. He wanted leverage to improve the pgatour now with sponsors dropping him etc. He obviously said at 52 I'm making the jump to LIV. As long as he can play the majors I think he will be happy. The tours need to compromise. Why these guys are trashed with all the Saudi dealings in this country is so unfair. In a perfect world I wanted Phil to play select pga events, the majors and some champions tour events....and eventually going into broadcasting. Now I guess Ryder cup is screwed too. It's all ashamed Jay Monahan ignored this league when he could have done something. Now Jay is opening the purse strings out of desperation!!

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by anabaptistman Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:03 pm

Have enjoyed both LIV events - this week's LIV event was far better watching than the John Deere. Wish Phil were playing better
anabaptistman
anabaptistman

Back to top Go down

Post by CoJack Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:49 am

anabaptistman wrote:Have enjoyed both LIV events - this week's LIV event was far better watching than the John Deere.  Wish Phil were playing better

I can't watch it. The tournaments have no meaning except who can win the most money. As I mentioned earlier, it's basically an exhibition. I would rather watch the John Deere or any PGA event, it means something.

CoJack

Back to top Go down

Post by anabaptistman Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:32 pm

CoJack wrote:
anabaptistman wrote:Have enjoyed both LIV events - this week's LIV event was far better watching than the John Deere.  Wish Phil were playing better

I can't watch it. The tournaments have no meaning except who can win the most money. As I mentioned earlier, it's basically an exhibition. I would rather watch the John Deere or any PGA event, it means something.

Didn't feel like an exhibition to me. It was a great watch. The John Deere, otoh, was completely lackluster. What makes a tournament "mean something"?

For the most part, I am happy to watch both the LIV and PGA Tour events - the more golf with good players, the better (the John Deere didn't qualify for that)
anabaptistman
anabaptistman

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:46 pm

I enjoyed the LIV tournament. I'll watch both depending on the Sunday leader board of the pga tour.I think there is no reason these tours can't come to a compromise. I think that will ultimately happen.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:01 pm

I like the fact that it's a shotgun start. I know that there's a disadvantage teeing off on some holes as your first hole, but I am disgusted by how much the side of the draw affects so many players. It happened at the US Open, and its happened again in Scotland this week. I hope it doesn't affect the British Open as much, but it likely will. Seems unfair to me that some years you have no chance at all just because of an unlucky draw. Plus, there's lots more action with everyone playing at the same time. They do need to fix the scoreboard situation, and it would help if Liv were televised.

gophil36

j58golf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3