Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil in Saudi Arabia

+4
j58golf
Admin
bulls9999
gophil36
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Phil in Saudi Arabia Empty Phil in Saudi Arabia

Post by Admin Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:32 am

and it is a bit of a money grab. Lots of interviews from PHIL this week so just google up all of his comments!
-3 so far

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Phil in Saudi Arabia Empty Re: Phil in Saudi Arabia

Post by gophil36 Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:04 pm

He is making headlines again. I don't know what he's doing, but I can't imagine him having to play the tournaments they tell him to play, and not being able to play the Sr. tour with his buddies and leaving the PGA Tour. Maybe he thinks he's going to make it better for upcoming players.
He says he's going to build a new home in FL. Can't see him loving international travel much at his age.
Anybody have any idea what he might be doing other than gunning for the 8 million again next year? He's not afraid to put himself out there, but I expect to see him at the Masters and also thought he wanted to be a Ryder Cup Captain. It is interesting to know, however, that players don't have media rights.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by CoJack Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:37 pm

CoJack

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:16 am

Phil likely won the PIP again this year already by mouthing off.

EVERYONE is talking about his comments far more than they would talk about him regarding the game.

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:18 pm

Wish he'd let his clubs do the talking!

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by CoJack Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:39 pm

Phil talks about the PGA being greedy, I wonder how much he is getting paid to play over there?

CoJack

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:12 pm

He is squandering his legacy in the PGA for $$? Like he doesn't already have zillions of $$ enough. Idiotic. Trying to still be relevant when he knows he is delegated to missed cuts or lower echelon play in PGA tour events and somehow can't fathom playing in the 'Senior Tour'?

gophil36 wrote:He is making headlines again.  I don't know what he's doing, but I can't imagine him having to play the tournaments they tell him to play, and not being able to play the Sr. tour with his buddies and leaving the PGA Tour.  Maybe he thinks he's going to make it better for upcoming players.
He says he's going to build a new home in FL.  Can't see him loving international travel much at his age.
Anybody have any idea what he might be doing other than gunning for the 8 million again next year?  He's not afraid to put himself out there, but I expect to see him at the Masters and also thought he wanted to be a Ryder Cup Captain.  It is interesting to know, however, that players don't have media rights.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:16 pm

Wow, Phil really playing in the mud on this one. I can't believe how much he is trashing the PGATour. It's one thing to put himself out there, but quite the other trying to take down PGA Tour while he is doing that. He will be a personna non grata if he continues down this road.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:44 am

-4 and decent enough for PHIL--lots of money talk.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:33 am

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:04 am

it is a give and take on this money issues.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:02 am

I don't give a shit what the media thinks about Phil's position

They said a few years ago that Phil's on the money statement regarding California taxes was "unfortunate"

The media are dirty little commies who go after anyone who won't conform

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:33 pm

The sports writers are just as bad as the political journalists. Cherry pick apart interviews and make the person look as bad as they possibly can.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:14 pm

Tiger basically repeated Phil's points, just said it a bit more diplomatically

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:22 pm

I agree. Tiger basicly said what Phil said. That's the only reason I listened to Tigers interview . These days the media will never lay a glove on Tiger.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:12 pm

and the media tried to say Tiger was defending the tour, rebutting Phil

Tiger was agreeing with Phil

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:52 pm

I'd rather see Phil be a Ryder Cup captain than try to make more millions. When is it ever enough money? Maybe he knows what he's doing as far as helping the young guys. It's his reputation, but he's laying it on the line. One article said that he might be in trouble from gambling, as he'd sold his plane.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by CoJack Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:54 pm

Who knows why Phil is taking this stance, but I am not a fan of it. He is burning many bridges right now. This is way out of character for him. Maybe he has lost a lot of money from gambling and is hurting financially? That could be the reason he bought that stock and sold his plane. Whatever it is, he is not making many friends, but losing respect.
In the following article, Phil is asked about partnering with Saudi Arabia in a Saudi Golf League and tells why he would even consider it. I really hate his answer, https://sports.yahoo.com/phil-mickelson-trashes-pga-tour-201858250.html
“They’re scary mother (insert six-letter obscenity here) to get involved with,” he said. “We know they killed [Washington Post reporter and U.S. resident Jamal] Khashoggi and have a horrible record on human rights. They execute people over there for being gay. Knowing all of this, why would I even consider it? Because this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reshape how the PGA Tour operates. They’ve [the PGA Tour] been able to get by with manipulative, coercive, strong-arm tactics because we, the players, had no recourse. As nice a guy as [PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan] comes across as, unless you have leverage, he won’t do what’s right. And the Saudi money has finally given us that leverage. I’m not sure I even want [the SGL] to succeed, but just the idea of it is allowing us to get things done with the [PGA] Tour.”

CoJack

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:11 pm

The PGA Tour product is a fucking disaster right now

16 under leading in the second round at Riviera?

Monahan has no clue how to run an elite golf tour. Making every course easy only produces parity, which does not sell. Monahan needs to check the ratings. They are worse than the Deane Beaman parity era

At this point, bring back Finchem and make it a star driven tour again.

One thing Finchem did was listen to his star players. Monahan seems to stupid to understand why he needs to do that

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by LongLefty Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:07 pm

This looks to be toast, fortunately. It went about as well as to be expected. Phil looks like an egotistical dunce.

LongLefty

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:18 pm

The tour cannot accuse Phil of joining the Saudi tour after those comments about the Saudi's.

He single handedly trashed that tour.

But I'd keep an eye on what Trump is doing...

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:37 pm

There's obviously lots more to this story than has been divulged. At one point, Phil said that more would come out as time passes. I don't like the hit his reputation has taken at this point, but it belongs to him and not me. He's carefully managed his image, so I can't imagine him not carefully considering what he's saying and doing. Time will tell, and it will be interesting to watch this play out. I don't think they want a tour that's a pre-Champions Tour, as was suggested by a golfer, whose name I don't recall. Some of the announcers on TGC and other journalists would like to see Phil suspended. Wishful conjecture on their parts, I think. I personally, am sick of journalists and TV personalities giving opinions rather than facts, when they have very little to back their narrative other than personal likes and dislikes. That being said, I am not a fan of Phil's language used during a recent interview, any more than I am of Justin Thomas or others using those words. There are certainly more appropriate words to describe a situation, and Phil likes to be perceived as intelligent, so I wish he'd work on his vocabulary.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:48 pm

The same people who are calling for Phil to be suspended are the same Communists who harped on Phil for saying he wants to pay less in Taxes

Ship those scumbags to North Korea, and get them out of the United States

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:49 pm

And much of the criticism this weekend has been from DEMOCRATS mad that Phil may be linked to Trump

They cannot accept that Brandon is a failure, so they start whining about how bad Trump is

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:32 pm

AGREE!

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next