Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil seeks PGA release to play in a Saudi-backed tournament

+4
Admin
LongLefty
Blade92
CoJack
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Phil seeks PGA release to play in a Saudi-backed tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: Phil seeks PGA release to play in a Saudi-backed tournament

Post by gophil36 Sun May 15, 2022 8:58 pm

I hope that he's decided one way or another about joining the Saudi tour.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Phil seeks PGA release to play in a Saudi-backed tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: Phil seeks PGA release to play in a Saudi-backed tournament

Post by dortt Sun May 15, 2022 11:10 pm

I'm just happy he is NOT playing.

Phil in contention again would likely kill me. I just had a ministroke (at age 39) a few weeks ago and don't want any other events that could threaten my life by elevating my blood pressure

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Mon May 16, 2022 6:59 am

Wishing you good health . As far as Phil is concerned....he needs to start talking.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by CoJack Mon May 16, 2022 10:39 am

ESPN just released a story on the fall of Phil. Interesting, another book will be coming out about Phil next year.
https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/33916213/pretty-big-fall-how-everything-changed-phil-mickelson-just-one-year

CoJack

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Mon May 16, 2022 10:15 pm

j58golf wrote:Wishing you good health . As far as Phil is concerned....he needs to start talking.

Thanks!

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Fri May 20, 2022 4:19 pm

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Fri May 20, 2022 4:26 pm

So his Mom says when he surfaces he will be a different person. Just a guess that would mean staying with the pgatour and not taking the LIV money....which would continue this venomous onslaught by the media. I just wish he'd start talking. After this PGA is over would be a good time.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Fri May 20, 2022 9:14 pm

j58golf wrote:So his Mom says when he surfaces he will be a different person. Just a guess that would mean staying with the pgatour and not taking the LIV money....which would continue this venomous onslaught by the media. I just wish he'd start talking.  After this PGA is over would be a good time.

I just hope his game improves. Seems like he didn't play due to poor performance this week. If he was shooting mid to upper 70s at the munis, he wouldn't have broke 90 here

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 22, 2022 9:47 pm

kudos to Justin Thomas on his win today! I hope PHIL is back for US open

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CoJack Mon May 23, 2022 1:58 pm

CoJack

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Mon May 23, 2022 2:09 pm

I'd never put a nickel in Alan Shipnucks pocket. His book leaks are all negative stories or negative innuendos. Unnamed sources. No names behind all these stories with the negative spin. It seems it's in Vogue now to pile on Phil. It really is disgusting!

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 23, 2022 3:12 pm

Not a dime for this book from me!

Admin
Admin

gophil36 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:15 pm

Johnson in

Monahan may be losing Rory. Monahan refused to even consider the PGL proposal that McIlroy said should be discussed. Rory not behind the Saudi League, but he is understanding it

Monahan guy is a bigger clusterfuck than was Deane Beman. Monahan is the sole reason why golf is in the shitter these days

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/pga-tour-responds-to-players-joining-liv-golf-as-disappointed-rbc-drops-dustin-johnson-graeme-mcdowell/

Look, I have some very close friends that are playing in this event in London, and I certainly wouldn't want to stand in their way to, for them to do what they feel is right for themselves," he continued. "It's not something that I would do personally, but I certainly understand why some of the guys have went, and it's something that we are all just going to keep an eye on and see what happens over these next few weeks.

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by CoJack Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:16 pm

Phil has decided to take the money and not play on the PGA Tour, https://nypost.com/2022/06/06/phil-mickelson-joins-liv-tour-after-months-of-controversy/

I was really hoping he would not play on the LIV Tour. His image has taken such a hit the past year.

CoJack

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:32 pm

PHIL is now in the field for the LIV event this week

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:48 pm

I'd have went too. Phil signed for 200 million

I wouldn't give a fuck what anyone thought if I were paid that kind of $$

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:29 pm

It's perfect scenario for Phil as long as he can still play the majors. Those are the only tournaments that mean anything at this point. He's 52 any win on pgatour would be a long shot. Since his sponsors dropped him I dont name him a bit.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by LongLefty Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:52 pm

Ethical issues with the Saudi regime aside, I don't find the LIV Golf Tour interesting or appealing and don't believe the product will be compelling. Hit and giggle. Whatever the case, I wish Phil well. He's provided me with a lot of fun moments in his career, and hope the help he's getting with the issues he's referenced proves beneficial.

LongLefty

Back to top Go down

Post by CoJack Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:02 pm

I wonder if Phil will be banned from the Champions Tour?

CoJack

Back to top Go down

Post by anabaptistman Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:49 am

People seem irrationally angry at LIV tour, not sure why PGA Tour deserves our allegiance. If we refused to watch sporting events that are in anyway connected to companies, nations, etc. with questionable ethics, we wouldn't be watching much.

Anyway, LIV match this weekend is free to watch on youtube and facebook
anabaptistman
anabaptistman

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:04 am

There was an article on Darren Clark. Apparently he was offered a 3 year deal to announce LIV and he was going to take it but then the Champions tour I believe told him he couldn't play and Darren said he wasn't ready to give up his clubs. Said it was tough decision because he'd have been set for life.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:22 pm

USGA told the PGA Tour to go pound sand

Phil in the field officially next week

dortt

j58golf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:28 am

All PHIL all the time at LIV event today and this week

Admin
Admin

j58golf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by anabaptistman Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:40 am

Phil was captain and drafted this team for this weekend's event: Hy Flyers (team name) / Captain: Phil Mickelson / Justin Harding / Ratchanon Chantananuwat / Chase Koepka

Can't say I know too much about most of these players...

Top two scores on team taken for first two days, and then top three scores on third (final) day.

Also, it looks like this begins tomorrow (Thursday) but other weeks it will begin on Fridays.
anabaptistman
anabaptistman

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:31 pm

Announced today that DeChambeau and Reed will be playing the first tournament held in the US. Rickie Fowler supposedly seriously thinking about joining.
I have not been excited about the tournaments lately on the PGA Tour. I like the majors, but have no one I really care about watching. I like Morikawa, but he's been playing like Phil's bad tournaments. Not excited about any of them. I think the format of the LIV golf might be interesting. Shot gun start. Weather won't unfairly impact the field like it did at the PGA. Problem is, I don't know many players, but Phil and DJ on the first tee should be fun. Starts at 9 am Eastern tomorrow.
Phil was upfront about his gambling addiction. I also believe him when he said that his family's future was never in danger financially.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next