Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened to the Match Play tournament this year?

3 posters

Go down

What happened to the Match Play tournament this year? Empty What happened to the Match Play tournament this year?

Post by bulls9999 Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:33 pm

Just curious, but what happened to the match play tournament this year...the one where the French guy made it to the finals and had several outstanding shots out of the cactus rough?

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

What happened to the Match Play tournament this year? Empty Re: What happened to the Match Play tournament this year?

Post by gophil36 Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:13 pm

There's something about it today on PGA Tour.com. Moving to Harding Park and played from April 29-May 3rd this year and then moving to Austin, Texas. Dell is sponsoring it thru 2019. I believe that they've also changed the format, as they were having trouble getting players from around the world who might play one and done. Still 64 players divided into 4 groups. I guess the players weren't excited about Dove Mt.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

What happened to the Match Play tournament this year? Empty Re: What happened to the Match Play tournament this year?

Post by j58golf Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:14 pm

Moved to San Francisco this year and for this year is in May.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Also, they said there was trouble getting sponsors when Phil and Tiger and other big names might not be around on the week-end. This might be sponsor-driven.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:57 pm

Yes, now I remember them talking about that last year....about people having to come all the way over here from east coast and be one-and-done.

Too bad, I liked Dove Mtn.

gophil36 wrote:There's something about it today on PGA Tour.com.  Moving to Harding Park and played from April 29-May 3rd this year and then moving to Austin, Texas.  Dell is sponsoring it thru 2019. I believe that they've also changed the format, as they were having trouble getting players from around the world who might play one and done.  Still 64 players divided into 4 groups. I guess the players weren't excited about Dove Mt.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:10 pm

I think that sometimes they had snow and ice there and it was difficult to get the day in. They had trouble getting some of the Euros here with no guarantee of more than one day, but that shouldn't be a problem as most of them live in AZ or FL. LOL

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down