Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil WDs from Match Play

+2
Admin
LongLefty
6 posters

Go down

Phil WDs from Match Play Empty Phil WDs from Match Play

Post by LongLefty Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:56 pm

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/mickelson-withdraws-wgc-match-play/?cid=twitter-gc-a-lefty-wds-042615

He's had positive things to say about the new format, so I really hope this is nothing serious/everything okay with the family.

LongLefty

Back to top Go down

Phil WDs from Match Play Empty Re: Phil WDs from Match Play

Post by Admin Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:54 am

I am surprised and I also hope it is nothing about his family.

I did think that three weeks in a row would be good for him but we may find out more next week.

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:22 am

They just said on TGC that sometimes he does these things to make a statement but they don't think so this time. They think it's something that came up in his personal life. Let's hope it isn't serious, and maybe he's scoping out the US Open site or has decided that it's too much golf. Hoping that it's something simple. I was bummed that Morgan Pressell didn't win yesterday and bummed that Justin Rose did. Cool

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:43 am

Phil is not playing much at all...don't know how he can stay sharp playing so infrequently.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:35 pm

my guess is he will easily be spotted around the mounds surrounding a green at Sawgrass

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:51 pm

Well, I hope you're right. Rather that than arthritis problems or other family issues.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Phil has indicated for awhile he was planning on playing the Match play. Bones even said on Sunday at the Masters that Phil said to him "lets go get em at match play. To WD on Sunday night tells me something may be wrong health wise with the family. His Dad was "slowing down" according to TR Reinman at Doral . I know a couple years ago his Dad had some sort of heart issue. Hope all is OK and he just decided its too much of a grind if you advance. Hate not knowing.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:17 pm

It could be the parents, at their ages, and I pray that it's not Amy or the kids. Phil's health either, for that matter. Maybe we'll find out in due time. Hope he doesn't withdraw from the Players.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:15 pm

I fully expected this when he added Wachovia. Him flying from the west coast to then play TPC, followed by another tournament? Did not make any sense

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:32 pm

gophil36 wrote:It could be the parents, at their ages, and I pray that it's not Amy or the kids.  Phil's health either, for that matter.  Maybe we'll find out in due time.  Hope he doesn't withdraw from the Players.

My sisters and I have our annual trip to the Players if he WDs there I'll be disappointed but really WORRIED because then something really bad has happened at home.

I hope you are right dortt, it is a grind if you advance at Match Play and lets face it sometimes, even with this new system now, the best guy doesn't win like in stroke play events.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:24 pm

Roseforte on TGC just said he texted Phil and he was vague but said all is well with Amy and kids. Im thinking he tweaked his back and is taking it easy but would never admit it. They also said that there is a pro am Tuesday which they normally dont do at WGCs which make it even longer week.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:03 pm

It starts on Wed., doesn't it? I think that if he were having problems with his arthritis, he wouldn't say so either. That medicine he's on has lots of side effects, and stamina is an issue, even if one is in great shape. Thank you for posing that, Joan, as it makes me feel better. He's had lots of issues with family health, and thankfully, thus far, it's turned out well.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum