Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WCG-FEDEX Final round 2019

3 posters

Go down

WCG-FEDEX  Final round 2019 Empty WCG-FEDEX Final round 2019

Post by Admin Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:38 am

and PHIL will be out in a bit. So thankful that he showed up and the fans/local press have noted it. He has struggled a bit here but he looks great. Let's go PHIL

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

WCG-FEDEX  Final round 2019 Empty Re: WCG-FEDEX Final round 2019

Post by j58golf Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:26 am

Birdie birdie but bogey on the par 5. Mojo killer

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:54 am

+2 today to +6, gee whiz, Phil is not competitive at all anymore. Glad he has shut up about his ‘fast cub head speed and hitting bombs’, which is worthless if you can’t benefit from it (i think all that BS talk over the years was just to minimize getting dropped by sponsors).
But no way he is getting on President’s cup team, or next years’ Ryder cup.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:25 pm

ANOTHER ROUGH DAY

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:02 pm

Phil could get a Captains pick if he shows good form in the fall events. President cup is in December a lot can happen before then. At this point he needs stellar play in the playoffs.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:36 am

Phil doing the dumbest of dumbass things with that 'fasting', drinking only coffee/water for 6 days to quickly drop weight....and form.  What the heck has gotten into his head?  Yea, he lost weight, some of which was between his ears I think.  Clutching at straws in desperation to maintain relevance.....try fixing that driver and hit fairways.  Glad he stopped talking about 'hitting bombs', how silly has that been when he hits bombs into people yards and misses cuts. Too much weight loss, muscle loss too, has never bode well for those that done it (Craig Stadler comes to mind)….the body gets used to performing over a long time with current physical setup and when you change it that quickly, everything is off.... it's like grabbing a driver off the rack just before tee time at a tournament.  Too many 'kids' coming up that are good, really good.... Matthew Wolf, and yesterday watching Collin Morikawa (who came up 2nd to Wolf a few weeks back), made 6 birdies /no bogies on Sunday, 4 birdies in last 5 holes to win the Barracuda in his 6th start (Wolf won it in his 4th start?).  And Koepka (who I can't stand now) shot -5 on Sunday with no bogies.  Phil hitting 'bombs' into the woods won't cut it against the new crop....every year the old wood dies out and new/improved players get added in.....and if you are fading in your abilities....heck fading, even if you are staying the same..... you are losing ground in the PGA; tough profession.

He 'could' get a Captain's pick, but I think he'll get an invitation as Vice-Captain.  Current standings show Tiger is 12th, so top-8 are automatics, Tiger will be playing-Captain, so that leaves 3 Captain's Picks, and Phil is out there at 14 and not showing good form.  Not sure what 1-2 good rounds in a tournament will do for him towards 'showing good form'.... he'll have to put 4 good rounds together, and all these tournament venues have deep rough. That's a lot to ask and not sure what 1 good tournament does against others who are showing better form routinely, even if not on top 10 of leaderboards (at least not missing cuts).

j58golf wrote:Phil could get a Captains pick if he shows good form in the fall events. President cup is in December a lot can happen before then. At this point he needs stellar play in the playoffs.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:35 pm

I think I have the best move Phil can make towards the President's cup.... voluntarily announce he is withdrawing any intention of playing because 1) his play isn't up to what it should be, and 2) he wants to give a chance to younger/other players who can have future success in that format, enhancing the US team in the future (as well as preparing Ryder Cup teams as well).

He would be applauded for that mindset of thinking of the US team over his own self-interests; would be a plus plus for him, and no doubtedly he'd get asked to Vice-Captain the team.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:22 am

I'm not ready to write Phil off like you apparently are. Let's see how the playoffs go and the fall events leading up to the Presidents cup. We still dont know when the 4 Caotains picks are going to be chosen. We also dont know how many events Phil will play. Phil's last 5 months have been the worst in his career. We know golf is a crazy game so anything is possible.  If any Older player can get iit back ...my money is on Phil.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:53 am

3 Captain's picks. If Tiger is a player-Captain and not in the top 8, doesn't that constitute use of a 'pick'?

j58golf wrote:I'm not ready to write Phil off like you apparently are. Let's see how the playoffs go and the fall events leading up to the Presidents cup. We still dont know when the 4 Caotains picks are going to be chosen. We also dont know how many events Phil will play. Phil's last 5 months have been the worst in his career. We know golf is a crazy game so anything is possible.  If any Older player can get iit back ...my money is on Phil.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:32 pm

I'm not totally convinced Tiger will pick himself if he fails to qualify. But yes if he does that is 1 pick.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:41 pm

Read this, sounds not only like Tiger is a lock, but he might just go after youth to help build the future of the Ryder Cup teams too. They have to be focused on the more important Ryder Cup.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/tiger-woods-faces-tough-wildcard-picks-us-presidents-cup-captain-stick-old-or-bring-new

j58golf wrote:I'm not totally convinced Tiger will pick himself if he fails to qualify. But yes if he does that is 1 pick.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:14 pm

I understand wanting young guys on the team but the 3 guys named in the article IMO need to prove themselves another year on tour before we give them a shot. They just pop up and should be given a pick? There are plenty of great players who are late 20s and early 30s who would love to be chosen for the team.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:10 am

Hmmm.... Wyndam Championship

1st Round:

Wolf….. -5
Hovland…. -4
Morikawa…. -4

Consistency in their play and they're not afraid. The only thing consistent about Phil's play lately is lack of form.

j58golf wrote:I understand wanting young guys on the team but the 3 guys named in the article IMO need to prove themselves another year on tour before we give them a shot. They just pop up and should be given a pick?  There are plenty of great players who are late 20s and early 30s who would love to be chosen for the team.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down