Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WGC - FedEx St Jude/Memphis - Round 2 &3

3 posters

Go down

WGC - FedEx St Jude/Memphis - Round 2 &3  Empty WGC - FedEx St Jude/Memphis - Round 2 &3

Post by bulls9999 Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:00 am

Course was playing tough for some people, easy for others (Rahm, shooting 62, - 8 )

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

WGC - FedEx St Jude/Memphis - Round 2 &3  Empty Re: WGC - FedEx St Jude/Memphis - Round 2 &3

Post by bulls9999 Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:45 am

Well, I signed up for club MGA tomorrow.  I may regret it.  Haven't played many because of too many sandbaggers.  I play to a USGA GHIN index of 13.6.  So a GHIN rating is based on the best 10 of the last 20 scores...which is a continuously moving window (except for low tournament rounds, which stay for 1 year) and you are given a HC based on the USGA rating of a golf course....on our course that might mean my 13.6 GHIN rating gives me a 14-15 HC based on the course rating (on an easier course less HC; on a harder course, it computes to a higher HC).  Since it's based on the best 10 scores that leaves out the higher ones which are the typical standard deviations, it should be difficult to get down to par that often by subtracting a full HC score. So sandbaggers either submit only high scores to inflate their HC's, or play lose and wild shots routinely to  'inflate' their scores and then play conservatively during tournament play.  Hmmm.... one guy with a 23-HC in the D-group of the Club Championship shot net 71/72 for a 2-day tournament (par-70).  That is why I haven't played many of the MGA's this year, keep seeing this too often... guy with a 14-16 HC shooting 1-over par gross (10-12 under par net)…. it seems to happen every tournament, and can't be 'coincidence; too many people having 'career rounds' too often.  So tomorrow I'm signed up for "1-person scramble" and it's going to be long; that is, each person plays as individual (don't know what percent of HC you get, likely 80%?)….and you get to play 2 balls, select the best, and then play 2 balls from there....and so on, all the way through putting too.  So people with 24-30 HC's will clean up, imo.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

WGC - FedEx St Jude/Memphis - Round 2 &3  Empty Re: WGC - FedEx St Jude/Memphis - Round 2 &3

Post by Admin Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:47 pm

I am here and PHIL show PHIL today--I zoned out and forgot about posting.

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:49 pm

1st thing about PHIL is that is thin and thinner.

My goodness the fat around his body and face seems to be wasting away!!

Getting there on his game--just not there yet

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:27 pm

I hope he wakes up for the playoffs He is playing so poorly I hope he doesnt decide to wrap up the season. He did say last week he didnt know if he needed time away or play through it. I have tickets and hotel reservations for pro am and first 2 rounds at the northern Trust. If hes not there I'll be soooooo upset!

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:55 pm

Out on the course PHIL certainly shot better then I did today!! Still working on it--PHIL I mean

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down