Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes to the Ryder Cup (that I would like to see)

3 posters

Go down

Changes to the Ryder Cup (that I would like to see) Empty Changes to the Ryder Cup (that I would like to see)

Post by bulls9999 Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:04 pm

OK, I'm not a fan of some team members playing while others sit back.

1. I'd make it so you'd have to play everyone for all sessions and all formats
  • 12 vs 12 at 4-balls, 12 vs 12 at 4-somes, 12 vs 12 as individuals....there you go, now that's a test

2. I like the President's cup method where you get to pick who plays against whom, each side alternating; fair enough, but involves strategy.... I like that instead of the "you put out a list, we put out a list, and see who happen to end up playing each other....perhaps 1 set of 4-somes and 4-balls that do that, and the other set it's the secret list?

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Changes to the Ryder Cup (that I would like to see) Empty Re: Changes to the Ryder Cup (that I would like to see)

Post by j58golf Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Sounds good. If you're on the team you play! Didn't someone only play Sunday singles once?

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Changes to the Ryder Cup (that I would like to see) Empty Re: Changes to the Ryder Cup (that I would like to see)

Post by bulls9999 Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:38 pm

Yea, he is a Euro sports announcer following golf and Tiger played him when the only round he played was on that sunday. Don’t know why, but Tiger pranked him at this Ryder cup, bringing him a gift of 2 belts, a black and a white one, both with the European Ryder cup symbol on the belly emblum. Saw the video of it, he takes the belts out of the bag, thanks Tiger and puzzled, didn’t know what to make of the gesture. Then someone with Tiger said, to get the impact of the gesture, you have to un-ravel the coiled belts.....and on the tongue of the belts was etched 3&2, the score Tiger beat him by.
j58golf wrote:Sounds good. If you're on the team you play!  Didn't someone only play Sunday singles once?

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:19 am

Question. I think the Euro's have 'found the setup that suits them', that is, DEEP ROUGH. Should the PGA start 'deepening the rough' at it's venues to help USA side prepare for the next Ryder Cup? You know they will set it up again like that in Italy. (yea, I know a number of Euro's play in the US/PGA)

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:35 pm

I think that it takes a strong leader no matter what the format. Patrick Reed has always been a cocky player, but he's not an entitled player.  I have never really thought that Jordan Spieth is sincere.  He's always reminded me of Eddie Haskell.  Sure that he's a nice guy, but he never clawed his way to the top like Reed.  He's smoother and more refined, but I think he benefitted from Reed's grit.  Anyway, they let this thing get away from them.
Not sure if it was just me, but this was the blandest, most uninteresting Ryder Cup that I can remember. There was not much energy there, and our play was poor most of the time.  I may be suffering burnout from all of the events leading up to the Tour Championship.  I am glad it's over.  If Phil wins regular tournaments or a major, I'll be happy, but I think his days as a player on the Cups should be over.  He's definitely a leader, and should be in that position as a Vice or Asst. if not THE Cast. for some time to come.  JMO

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:23 pm

If it was Jordan that pulled out, it could have been about the comments that Patrick made to an official one time about a ruling (that he didn't get) that went something like "....but if I was Jordan Speith, you'd probably have given me that ruling" (in reference to the drop he got at the British Open the year earlier).

gophil36 wrote:I think that it takes a strong leader no matter what the format. Patrick Reed has always been a cocky player, but he's not an entitled player.  I have never really thought that Jordan Spieth is sincere.  He's always reminded me of Eddie Haskell.  Sure that he's a nice guy, but he never clawed his way to the top like Reed.  He's smoother and more refined, but I think he benefitted from Reed's grit.  Anyway, they let this thing get away from them.
Not sure if it was just me, but this was the blandest, most uninteresting Ryder Cup that I can remember. There was not much energy there, and our play was poor most of the time.  I may be suffering burnout from all of the events leading up to the Tour Championship.  I am glad it's over.  If Phil wins regular tournaments or a major, I'll be happy, but I think his days as a player on the Cups should be over.  He's definitely a leader, and should be in that position as a Vice or Asst. if not THE Cast. for some time to come.  JMO

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:17 pm

That statement was obnoxious, but they had time to work it out before the Ryder Cup. You cannot be thin skinned around the Reeds from what I've read. It's a team event, and personal affronts should be shelved for a week, IMO.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down