Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-Ryder Cup Stuff

4 posters

Go down

Pre-Ryder Cup Stuff Empty Pre-Ryder Cup Stuff

Post by bulls9999 Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:00 am

Phil is doing a Ryder Cup interview now/live/free: https://www.golfchannel.com/

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Pre-Ryder Cup Stuff Empty Re: Pre-Ryder Cup Stuff

Post by bulls9999 Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:03 pm

Phil still doesn't get it.

“I’m going to spend more time with the putter,” Mickelson said. “It’s Tuesday. We have two more practice rounds.”

Phil, you're putter isn't going to help you when you're averaging 45 feet away from the pin. But better driving, driving into the fairway, that will help your approach shots, help you get closer to the hole and help you make more putts. If you can't bridge the 45-ft avg distance to the pin from the FedEx Cup, then putting won't fix that problem.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:03 am

Just watching live video of Phil on driving range hit about 6 shots with 3-wood and 6 or so with  driver, now moving to long irons.  Looks pretty good on the range. Interesting, pundits talking about the one to worry about most, and how may get the lest starts, is Bubba.  I heard several reverse course on Phil saying experience, these events he's a different person much like when he shows up at Augusta, and his putting stats plus ranking high in # birdies/round, as reasons why he shouldn't be hidden. I hope so, we'll see.  Some holes have lots of water, while others don't have any bunkers.

Video of Phil on the range: Phil-in-the-blank: What to do with Phil Mickelson?

http://www.golfchannel.com/video?guid=cmyJwyhE0grDuACPFr_DxsiExnqSh8PY

Last edited by bulls9999 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:28 am

Of course I want USA to win but my first wish is for Phil to gp undefeated. I read an article that he is on the cusp pf many records at RC. I'm sure he will play 3 times. Maybe 4 if he can knock of his matches early. Wishful thinking??? It would be aweful if he ends the season with horrible play this week.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:21 am

I'm not sure how the format breaks down, or forgot how.  I know the home team gets to choose format schedule, but not sure if they can determine how many rounds are played as 4-some (alternate shot) vs 4-ball (best ball).  I'm assuming of the 4 sessions (of 4 teams each, 8 players) + final individual session of 12 matches, that the 4 initial four-some/four-ball sessions will be split as 2 sessions of 4-some and 2 sessions of 4-ball?.... but that the home team can determine which are played in what order?  I don't think the home team can say....we'll play all 4 sessions as 4-some, is that correct? From what I heard some say ("oh, should keep Phil away from alternate shot"), while others said "Phil has one of the higher rates of birdies and better putting stats than all but 2-3 people at the Ryder cup", insinuating he should be shunned from alternate shot. As it looks, perhaps Phil + Dechambeaux (both are 'analytical'), but not sure if that's the best pairing for Phil.

j58golf wrote:Of course I want USA to win but my first wish is for Phil to gp undefeated.  I read an article that  he is on the cusp pf many records at RC. I'm sure he will play 3 times.  Maybe 4 if he can knock of his matches early. Wishful thinking??? It would be aweful if he ends the season with horrible play this week.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:14 pm

PHIL is out in Foursomes-his weaker skill set-to be honest-so I look for PHIL to be out on Friday afternoon--PHIL/Byrson plus Bubba-Webb---my guess!!!

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:12 pm

Ralph,
That first series is Four-Ball (best ball), and Phil is out of that and possibly will not be in the Four-somes that afternoon (if they switch the format).  So he may not get to play Friday at all.

Friday Morning Ryder Cup Schedule

Admin wrote:PHIL is out in Foursomes-his weaker skill set-to be honest-so I look for PHIL to be out on Friday afternoon--PHIL/Byrson plus Bubba-Webb---my guess!!!

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:22 pm

On yesterday's show they said Phil was practicing with a Bridgestone ball which suggests foursomes with Bryson tomorrow.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:35 pm

Did you see the video of Phil holing out from the fairway today in his practice round? Can't bring it over on this phone!

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:10 am

Saw the video but it was cut off at the end and couldn't see the ball ho in the hole. They said it was for par because he hit it in the water.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:21 am

Today is a mess!!

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: