Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil had cancer?

+2
Will84
dortt
6 posters

Go down

Phil had cancer? Empty Phil had cancer?

Post by dortt Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:26 pm

You just hear him?

He mentioned he did a cream based chemo treatment on his face

For how long did he have this?

dortt

Back to top Go down

Phil had cancer? Empty Re: Phil had cancer?

Post by dortt Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:27 pm

he said this when mentioning why he wears the sunglasses now. Was while Li was putting on 2

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:37 pm

What he said makes me wonder what he had 3 years ago when we said he had a medical condition that was sapping his energy

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by Will84 Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:32 am

I believe what he was referencing was using a topical cream called effudex which is a chemo med that has been used by dermatologists for several years to treat, expose and highlight pre-cancerous sun damage to the face. You apply it one to two times a day for two to three weeks and it basically cooks your skin like a well done steak. During treatment your skin and eyes are very photo sensitive hence his need to wear sunglasses. If he actually had a cancerous lesion he would have likely had surgery and additional treatment with chemo etc. Really anyone over 40 that has had sun damage and long term exposure to sun should consider this treatment as it is extremely effective at preventing the development of skin cancer.

Will84

Back to top Go down

Post by CoJack Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:41 am

Will84 wrote:I believe what he was referencing was using a topical cream called effudex which is a chemo med that has been used by dermatologists for several years to treat, expose and highlight pre-cancerous sun damage to the face. You apply it one to two times a day for two to three weeks and it basically cooks your skin like a well done steak. During treatment your skin and eyes are very photo sensitive hence his need to wear sunglasses. If he actually had a cancerous lesion he would have likely had surgery and additional treatment with chemo etc. Really anyone over 40 that has had sun damage and long term exposure to sun should consider this treatment as it is extremely effective at preventing the development of skin cancer.

I live in Arizona and I had to put the cream on my lips due to pre-cancerous sun damage. It's more common than you would think. The cream is very powerful. I could not touch it with my hands. I used a q-tip to apply it to my lips. It basically ripped open my lips. When I would wake up in the morning, my lips were stuck together due to the blood drying.

CoJack

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:35 pm

Of course PHIL does take Embril for Rheumatoid Arthritis. That can compromise your immune system. Mercy PHIL has his challenges

That reminds me that he had a tepid round on Sunday but the finale was exciting.

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:24 am

Speaking of Embril, my wife has a bit of arthritis in her hand (along with 'trigger finger' that locks in place every so often), and while at the golf course, we bumped into another lady who has rheumatoid arthritis and was discussing with my wife non-surgical approaches to her trigger finger (forgot the medical term) but also indicated she's taking Embril, and I said "is that the same thing the Phil Mickelson takes?" and she said yes, but she didn't realize it costs $2,700/dose, but because of circumstances she gets it almost free.

Admin wrote:Of course PHIL does take Embril for Rheumatoid Arthritis. That can compromise your immune system.  Mercy PHIL has his challenges

That reminds me that he had a tepid round on Sunday but the finale was exciting.  

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:27 am

Embril is discounted for those on insurance and Medicare plus if you are at a low enough income level-the drug company will cover it. It is one of the class of drugs that make a huge difference for folks

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:24 am

Got this off the GolfWRX message board on a thread on Phil playing Champions Tour:

Interesting back story on the sunglasses. Surprised (well not really) that it has not been mentioned here or followed up more by golf reporters.

https://golf.com/news/phil-mickelson-reveals-health-scare-led-wear-sunglasses/

Relevant passage for the WRX TL:DR crowd.

“Back during Covid break, I did this Carac cream, which is like a skin cancer chemotherapy treatment on your face for like two weeks,” Mickelson said. “Your skin blotches up and you kill these cancer cells that you can’t see, and when I went outside, I had to wear some protection, so I wore these glasses to kind of protect the area around my eyes.” It wasn’t clear from Mickelson’s remarks whether he was using the cream as a preemptive measure, or to combat an existing condition.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:50 pm

He likely has figured out a way to get a discount as he does ads for them. Loved the way he played at the Champions event.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down