Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil, your 2-driver approach would be nice if it worked....but it didn't

2 posters

Go down

Phil, your 2-driver approach would be nice if it worked....but it didn't Empty Phil, your 2-driver approach would be nice if it worked....but it didn't

Post by bulls9999 Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:08 am

OK, so Phil is going funny social media again to explain his 2-driver attempt at the Memorial.... shorter-low-lofted driver (9*) to hit 'cuts' and a longer-shafted higher-lofted (10.5*) driver to hit 'bombs'.  I'm guessing at which loft for which.  Understandably, the US Open at Pebble Beach doesn't have as many trees (signal to go 'bomb'?) as does The Memorial, but it will have rough and likely fast greens.  I can understand getting the ball way out there so you can come in high and soft on the greens.  OK, maybe, but it would have been nice if this experiment semi-worked and you at least did well enough to make the cut.  Also, I hope Bubba is OK with you bringing him in on your social media jokes....this is at least the second time.  But his comments below in your Twitter feed show he is OK with it, and he's getting a lot of followers who enjoy his Twitter humor.

Phil explaining his 2-driver approach and hitting 'bombs'

Article

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Phil, your 2-driver approach would be nice if it worked....but it didn't Empty Re: Phil, your 2-driver approach would be nice if it worked....but it didn't

Post by j58golf Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:23 pm

I read where a previous video where Phil mentioned Bubba he cleared it with him first. I guess he didnt want to upset Bubba but he was all in with this back and forth fun.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Phil, your 2-driver approach would be nice if it worked....but it didn't Empty Re: Phil, your 2-driver approach would be nice if it worked....but it didn't

Post by bulls9999 Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:52 pm

Phil is getting notoriety over his tweet posts. Should read some of the comments

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down