Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Masters Round Four 2015

+8
CoJack
Admin
bulls9999
Will84
dortt
LongLefty
j58golf
gw21502
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Masters Round Four   2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Masters Round Four 2015

Post by j58golf Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:08 pm

philfan4ever wrote:Phil must have a record (or at least close to it) of 2nd places in majors. It really is bittersweet. It's great that he played fantastic and was in such strong contention, but it seems like so often there's one player who's on fire and keeps him from winning. But in any event, his play in the past two majors has been very promising. In many other years, his performance this week would have won the Masters, so he can still come away from it feeling really confident. Any time you're in strong contention to win at a major, I consider it a success.

Playing three weeks in a row seems to really help him to get in a groove. He had been playing well coming into this week and he carried that momentum and played even better here. As long as he stays patient, he will be back in the winner's circle eventually. Even just a win at a regular tournament sometime soon would feel really sweet.

welcome to the forum!
I agree. All in all a great week especially considering how the year began

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:25 am

Lots of good press out there for Phil today. He ran into a buzz saw with Jordan's play. He's shown the sports world that he'll be a force to be reckoned with for some time to come. I do agree with one analyst, however, who said that since it's all about the majors, when he plays regular events, he'll be practicing shots to be used for the next major, so it'll be harder to convert into a regular tour win than if he were playing to win without practicing shots that might not work as well on the particular course being played that day. He is just a great golfer!!!!

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:36 am

Yup PHIL played great--was a bit bummed because he might have won without Speith

http://www.golfchannel.com/

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by barclay.janice@yahoo.com Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:42 am

Hi folks...Leafjan here....was messing around this morning and found the old emails referencing this Phil pho rum in my Phil file of my emails.
Had forgotten all about it. I do that these days...forget things that is....happens when you get old.

Anyways I read your Sunday's "tweets"and will find time to read the others later. I did watch everyday. Did anyone else cheer when Rose missed that putt at 18? I did and the people at the party I was at looked at me oddly and then thought...must be a Phil phan...lol
When does Phil play next?

Anyone heard when Phil plays next.

barclay.janice@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by barclay.janice@yahoo.com Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:44 am

philfan4ever wrote:Phil must have a record (or at least close to it) of 2nd places in majors. It really is bittersweet. It's great that he played fantastic and was in such strong contention, but it seems like so often there's one player who's on fire and keeps him from winning. But in any event, his play in the past two majors has been very promising. In many other years, his performance this week would have won the Masters, so he can still come away from it feeling really confident. Any time you're in strong contention to win at a major, I consider it a success.

Playing three weeks in a row seems to really help him to get in a groove. He had been playing well coming into this week and he carried that momentum and played even better here. As long as he stays patient, he will be back in the winner's circle eventually. Even just a win at a regular tournament sometime soon would feel really sweet.

I believe Jack has twenty seconds in majors.

barclay.janice@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anabaptistman Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:16 am

barclay.janice@yahoo.com wrote:Hi folks...Leafjan here....was messing around this morning and found the old emails referencing this Phil pho rum in my Phil file of my emails.
Had forgotten all about it.  I do that these days...forget things that is....happens when you get old.

Anyways I read your Sunday's  "tweets"and will find time to read the others later.  I did watch everyday. Did anyone else cheer when Rose missed that putt at 18?  I did and the people at the party I was at looked at me oddly and then thought...must be a Phil phan...lol
When does Phil play next?

Anyone heard when Phil plays next.

I am also guilty of cheering when Rose missed.
anabaptistman
anabaptistman

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:56 pm

I was thrilled Rose missed that putt and before that THRILLED Phil made that par save on 18 ( was sweating that one).
I have to watch these tournaments by myself because my husband always seems to talk at the wrong times and likes to channel surf during commercials. I need to hear and see every minute of the broadcast. LOL

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:07 pm

j58golf wrote:This  will do wonders for Phil's confidence. He lost by 4 shots. If he shaved off  1 shot a day he is in a playoff.
I should have read the previous posts before practically repeating yours, Joan. I guess great minds think alike! Laughing I, too, am guilty of being happy with the missed putt because it gave Phil a 2nd place. It was good for Rose to have played well, as he's had some health issues I read. I also was sweating Phil's putt at 18.
Jan--great to have you back. I was going to look up your address and see how you were and what, if anything, had happened to you since you have always been such a Phil supporter--look alike son and all! How's the grandson?

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3