Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memphis Round Four 2017

5 posters

Go down

Memphis Round Four 2017 Empty Memphis Round Four 2017

Post by Admin Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:24 am

and PHIL has been two wet shots away from being tied for the lead!! Lots of great shots from PHIL but just faltering at the end of the round

Maybe today? I hope to get out and see him today

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Memphis Round Four 2017 Empty Re: Memphis Round Four 2017

Post by j58golf Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:57 am

Being 4 back unfortunately leaves no room for errors today. We need some Sunday magic.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Birdie start.if he can hit irons like that all day . WoW

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Great front 9.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:49 pm

birdie at 10 and tied for the lead

The thing is, he could be 3 or 4 lower

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by omiller315 Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:05 pm

All excited for the CBS coverage and turned it off after 5 seconds. OB and then water over 12. Looks like a quad easy.. Unreal !!

omiller315

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:06 pm

out of bounds on 12, then he hits his 4th in the water

fucking awful

glad he's not at the US Open. He'd humiliate himself

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:50 pm

I said to my husband he's either going to shoot himself out of it early or get into contention and blow it. It makes me sick to say that . You get your hopes up and then disaster. Thought the golf gods would throw him a bone with a victory given next week's situation bit no way. He's got to eagle 16 and birdie final 2 to have a shot.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Got me excited again today and poof, all gone. He could have been in the lead by 2-4 strokes had it not given back so many. And I agree, he probably is playing it safe not going to the open seeing how high the rough (1.5-2 feet high) at that place, convenient excuse of the graduation....he may have paid the school to have the graduation on that date instead of the other way around.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:23 pm

This is a situation for going back to the sports shrink. He plays great then the big number when he's in or near the lead. Tough situation for him when he knows he can still play good.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by omiller315 Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Phil's interview confirmed it was nerves/mental. He thought he was still chasing after 11 and saw the scoreboard and said it was like he never won before.

omiller315

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:01 pm

bulls9999 wrote:Got me excited again today and poof, all gone.  He could have been in the lead by 2-4 strokes had it not given back so many.  And I agree, he probably is playing it safe not going to the open seeing how high the rough (1.5-2 feet high) at that place, convenient excuse of the graduation....he may have paid the school to have the graduation on that date instead of the other way around.

The thing is, you can parallel park an aircraft carrier on the fairways at Erin Hills. If Phil wasn't more crooked than Seve, he'd never see the weeds

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:02 pm

Very honest interview. Hope he can deal with it. Like he said the game is good enough. That's what happens when it's been 4 years of not winning. He really wants it .

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:05 pm

dortt wrote:
bulls9999 wrote:Got me excited again today and poof, all gone.  He could have been in the lead by 2-4 strokes had it not given back so many.  And I agree, he probably is playing it safe not going to the open seeing how high the rough (1.5-2 feet high) at that place, convenient excuse of the graduation....he may have paid the school to have the graduation on that date instead of the other way around.

The thing is, you can parallel park an aircraft carrier on the fairways at Erin Hills. If Phil wasn't more crooked than Seve, he'd never see the weeds

I've read quite a bit of opinions from the so called experts and many said it suited Phil because of wide fairways and you need to be a high ball hitter. This really stinks
.He also opted out of Scottish open because they keep changing venue and he doesn't want to learn a new course week before major. Hope it works out.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:35 pm

Guys the place was electric out there for PHIL today. When he putted in at 10 I thought he was going to do it!!!

Just a plan slice of slice at #12. Then he over cooked the third shot into hazard.

He had makeable birdie putts at 13-15-17 plus the eagle one at 16 but nothing fell.

gutted but great to see PHIL today

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:24 am

LOL

dortt wrote:

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:29 am

It's really getting stupid with the comments now, calculating chances of thunderstorms, lol.  Now Phil's saying how he needs a 4-hr delay to make it happen, good golly, just stop it Phil.  How about Amanda, step in, tell your dad "No, Dad, don't come to my graduation, it will be taped, you can watch it live on Skype (as long as you promise to be there when I graduate college)....but by all means Go to the US Open, you've been chasing that all your life, it's the only one missing from your repertoire of majors....go for it! and let us be the ones to be there to see you finish!" But I really don't think he wants to be there.....that bit about new strategy of practicing for the US Open is to not do any preparation there....he anticipated this early on.

-----------------------------------------------
Phil on U.S. Open: 'I need a four-hour delay'

Phil Mickelson has run the scenarios and gone over the numbers. And based on some careful, cross-country analysis, he knows what it'll take to reach the first tee next week at Erin Hills.

"I need a four-hour delay," Mickelson told CBS after a final-round 68 of the FedEx St. Jude Classic. "I need a minimum four-hour delay, most likely. That's the way I've kind of mapped it out."

Mickelson surprised many when he announced last week that he planned to bypass the season's second major in order to attend his daughter Amanda's high school graduation in Carlsbad, Calif. The ceremony, during which Amanda is giving the commencement speech, is set to begin at 10 a.m. PT - a mere 2 hours, 20 minutes before Mickelson is scheduled to begin the opening round alongside Stewart Cink and Steve Stricker.

Mickelson estimates that he could hop in a private jet in Carlsbad around the time that he's slated to tee off in Erin, Wis., with a 3 hour, 20 minute flight ahead of him. That means that he'd need a significant weather delay in order to have a shot at rounding out the career Grand Slam, and even then he'd be seeing Erin Hills for the first time.

But ever the optimist, Mickelson plans to keep his game "sharp" in the coming days and found a silver lining even in that scenario.

"I'm not going to really be prepared for Erin Hills. I haven't gone there, I don't know the golf course. I'd be showing up there on the first tee for the first time, and I would be relying on Bones to steer me around every single shot," Mickelson said. "Sometimes not seeing or knowing where the trouble is, or how bad it is, and seeing only where you want the ball to go, can sometimes be good in a tournament as tough as the U.S. Open."

While the first round at last year's U.S. Open was marred by heavy rain and lengthy delays, Mickelson knows it's a scenario that's unlikely to repeat next week. The Weather Channel forecast for Thursday at Erin Hills calls for sunny skies and only a 10 percent chance of rain, meaning it's likely Mickelson will miss the tournament for the first time since 1993.

"Last night there was a 60 percent chance of thunderstorms Thursday, right now it's 20 percent. So who knows," Mickelson said. "But it's not looking good, and it's totally fine."

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:15 am

In Phils defense he has been repeatedly asked about any possible senarios however remote which would allow him to compete. I do agree he knew the school wasn't going to budge and that's why he didn't scout the place.

That being said he did send Bones there to scout it out in case that longshot senario happens. So I don't believe for minute Phil thought he didn't have a shot at contending and didn't care if he showed up.. His record on tough US open venues is very good despite not winning.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:27 am

He's a 'calculator', calculating the odds. With the rough as high as it is and his off-line drives, he's calculating his chances of doing well there between nill and none. He made the more productive choice in my opinion. I don't know what it is with the USGA that likes to make people squirm like this....I mean, could they not take a wheat combine and harvest the rough down to 6-inches instead of 2 feet? Don't give them ideas, maybe they will carve out a US Open venue out of a field of corn, like those corn-field maze places.

j58golf wrote:In Phils defense he has been repeatedly asked about any possible senarios however remote which would allow him to compete. I do agree he knew the school wasn't going to budge and that's why he didn't scout the place.

That being said he did send Bones there to scout it out in case that longshot  senario happens. So I don't believe for minute Phil thought he didn't have a shot at contending and didn't care if he showed up.. His record on tough US open venues is very good despite not winning.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down