Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charles Schwab Challenge - Colonial C.C. - Round 1

5 posters

Go down

Charles Schwab Challenge - Colonial C.C. - Round 1 Empty Charles Schwab Challenge - Colonial C.C. - Round 1

Post by bulls9999 Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:19 am

Wow, almost forgot my login information.

Phil has started and is even through 1. Current lead is Harman, -3 thru 6. I understand the greens aren't great and the rough (rain) is deep.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Charles Schwab Challenge - Colonial C.C. - Round 1 Empty Re: Charles Schwab Challenge - Colonial C.C. - Round 1

Post by bulls9999 Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:27 am

I hope all on this board are doing well in Coronavirus times!

Luckily I live in a state where the incidence is low, but should not let down my guard.  University is preparing for upcoming onslaught of students in August like preparing for a war.
- all students must wear masks in public  spaces (classrooms, hallways, restrooms, etc)
- all classes will be distanced (can only be used at 1/3 their capacity.... only 20 students in a 60 seat classroom)
- large classes will be moved to large classrooms, even if off campus (one is moving to an indoor 'horse/cattle arena')
- classes will start 5 min later and end 5 min earlier than normal (to allow time to go to these distant classes)
- all classes will be recorded (not simply recorded audio on top of static powerpoint slides, but video of professor lecturing)....using Swivl technology (expect to see stock price of Swivl go up like Zoom did).
- in-person classes will end with Thanksgiving (students go home and stay there, don't come back) - semester will finish online/zoom after Thanksgiving, even finals.
- all bets are off to what happens next when first students, staff, faculty start coming down with Covid-19 illness.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Charles Schwab Challenge - Colonial C.C. - Round 1 Empty Re: Charles Schwab Challenge - Colonial C.C. - Round 1

Post by bulls9999 Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:31 am

Wow, Phil made a 9-foot putt for par!!

I must say, my putting is my saviour (been able to golf through this Corona pandemic), and been putting even better since I got my Stroke Lab Double-Wide (heavier head) over Christmas.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:33 am

I must say, dumb-ass PGA Tour. If events are without spectators, the least they could do is open up FREE video access to watch the tour players.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:51 am

I have been driving the ball great--better on approaches but could not buy a putt on Wednesday!!

I am 63 and enjoying golf---PHIL will be 50 this week and probably could beat me!!! steady golf so far

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:28 am

PHIL makes a birdie!!!!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:06 am

another birdie!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:14 am

PHIL on fire and -3!!!!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:20 am

putting decently so far. Made nice putts on 11, 14, and 18. Had the line on 13 as well

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by anabaptistman Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:39 am

-4 through 10 holes!
anabaptistman
anabaptistman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:41 am

4 birdies

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:37 pm

Ralph,

Great to hear you're out playing. I don't think my golf has skipped a beat. Our club went solo riders (unless playing with family in cart), ball stopper from going to bottom of hole, no rakes, no club house access except for restroom and ice/water machine, etc. I'm 66 myself, and joined this group of guys who play everyday (I just break away from my wife on sunday and play with them; she plays with the ladies on tues, thurs, sunday). Those guys (10-28 handicap... I'm the 10 and the 'long driver' of the group, lol) and playing from the white tees (5,400 yards) instead of my normal blue tees (6,000 yrds). It's amazing what 600 yards can do for your score. I shot 80 this past sunday from the white (my best yet) and won a whopping $5, but it's because the high handicappers aren't there.... can't beat those extra strokes they get no matter how good I shoot.

This past week, for whatever reason, my golf went to another level with this heat. I think my body responds to heat...hitting the ball crisper and further (thin air with heat?). Only thing I'm hurting a bit on my shoulder and deltoid/bicep muscle (not sure if pulled muscle or rotator cup Shocked Shocked Mad )

Admin wrote:I have been driving the ball great--better on approaches but could not buy a putt on Wednesday!!

I am 63 and enjoying golf---PHIL will be 50 this week and probably could beat me!!!  steady golf so far

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:40 pm

Phil is wearing sunglasses while he plays. I don't think I recall him ever doing that. Aviator reflective sunglasses?

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:31 pm

and bad Phil showed up over the final 7 holes. 2 bogeys and then a water ball on 9

He needs to just let it rip as he cannot put the ball in the ocean from the end of a pier with his 2 iron

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:58 pm

I went golfing and PHIL faltered!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:01 pm

PHIL looked great thru 10 holes and then faltered . I thi k he used a driving iron about 3 times and missed fairways and it ended up costing him. I would have felt better if the 9s were flipped and he finished strong rather than falling apart

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down