Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil not playing Mexico if he qualifies

4 posters

Go down

Phil not playing Mexico if he qualifies Empty Phil not playing Mexico if he qualifies

Post by dortt Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:24 pm

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/phil-mickelson-not-playing-wgc-mexico-should-he-qualify

shooting a commercial instead

Wonder how serious he is in making the US Open. Giving up free ranking points

dortt

Back to top Go down

Phil not playing Mexico if he qualifies Empty Re: Phil not playing Mexico if he qualifies

Post by j58golf Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:49 am

Hopefully he has a great week at Genesis.  He did a dinner Tuesday night instead of the pro am which I think is great. I cant think of any pro golfer who plays 6 weeks in a row let alone a 50yr. Old with arthritis. Phil has to pace himself.  At the beginning of the year he didnt rule mexico out but unfortunately early play didnt bump him up soon enough so he opted to play 5 weeks instead of skipping Genesis then play Mexico. He said he will play match playing he qualifies. Hopefully he will stay hot this week and jump up the ranks a little more.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Phil not playing Mexico if he qualifies Empty Re: Phil not playing Mexico if he qualifies

Post by bulls9999 Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:59 am

I heard the SiriusXM PGATOUR announcer saying the same thing about Tiger, questioning whether he was going to Mexico or not, and arguing that it's crazy not to:
- no cut
- extra world ranking points
- small field
- (better than most, lol) chance to win

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:01 am

bulls9999 wrote:I heard the SiriusXM PGATOUR announcer saying the same thing about Tiger, questioning whether he was going to Mexico or not, and arguing that it's crazy not to:
- no cut
- extra world ranking points
- small field
- (better than most, lol) chance to win

Tiger is probably meeting with his soon to be new neighbor at Jupiter Island discussing how much $$ they would make from the proposed new world tour

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:53 pm

Phil said that his kids are on break that week and he plans a vacation with them. If that's true, one cannot blame him. I read last week that he's currently 55 and needs to be in the top 60 to qualify for the US Open. They said he has another couple of chances before then.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down