Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PHIL at the Greenbrier

3 posters

Go down

PHIL at the Greenbrier Empty PHIL at the Greenbrier

Post by Admin Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:17 am

as PHIL does not need more to do or more money

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Phil-Mickelson-to-become-member-of-The-Greenbrier-396412411.html

For the record the 2017 season returns to a more leisurely summer schedule. US open ends 06/18/2016 and there are four full weeks before the OPEN championship. So PHIL is planning on taking two weeks off then do the Greenbrier and then hops over the pond to Scottish open then OPEN championship.

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

PHIL at the Greenbrier Empty Re: PHIL at the Greenbrier

Post by gophil36 Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:29 am

Not surprising, but he has not played well there. His buddy Jim Justice? owns the place. Phil certainly keeps busy. I've been wondering if his new close friendship with Tiger promoted him playing this week. Do you think he'll play Tiger's tournament at the end of the year? He certainly lobbied to be paired with Tiger. It'll be fun to have Phil teeing it up this late for a change.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:44 pm

So Phil is going to have a home there. Just heard that Tigers withdrawing this week.  Performance rather than health related. Not cool IMO.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:19 pm

Pretty obnoxious at this late date to cancel because he hasn't practiced enough. Hope someone else can get in to play.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:36 pm

Phil signed up for the Safeway long before Tiger did. I read Phils management company has some interest in Safeway. Too bad Tiger WD I think too much hype with the Tiger Phil pairing speculation plus Parnevek saying he was striping it. He shouldn't have hinted he would play then WD and say it wasn't physical IMO. Be nice if Phil can continue his RC form and get a W. Especially since his stats were the best he's had without winning.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:50 pm

They did say that being paired with Phil may have been the final pressure that led to the withdrawal. He saw the way Phil played at the Ryder Cup and even if Phil were not playing well, Tiger didn't want the comparison. I have my doubts as to whether or not he'll ever be mentally strong enough to come back. Time is running out for him. If he wants to be great when he appears, he's in trouble, because he needs to get some competitive rounds under his belt. Not going to happen dropping out, and where else is he going to gain confidence? Phil has late/early tee times. Playing with Bill Haas should be relaxing.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:06 pm

PHIL's management company is the operational company for this event. Running a PGA event is not easy and having a company run has proven to be a money saver/maker for the local event.

I will be out Thursday so someone start a day one thread!

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:38 pm

Tee times are local so he'll go off late afternoon.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down