Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by LongLefty on Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:38 pm

Long, long way from the cup, but on in two at 3. Really needs a birdie here.

LongLefty

Posts : 536
Join date : 2015-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by LongLefty on Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:44 pm

And he does, moves to -6.

LongLefty

Posts : 536
Join date : 2015-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by LongLefty on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Big par saver from 10 feet on 5, had to have that one.

LongLefty

Posts : 536
Join date : 2015-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by LongLefty on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:35 pm

Boom makes a 22 footer on seven for birdie!

LongLefty

Posts : 536
Join date : 2015-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by LongLefty on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:56 pm

Disappointing miss on eight after a beautiful iron shot to nine feet.

LongLefty

Posts : 536
Join date : 2015-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by omiller315 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:06 pm

Finished strong. Shame those putts didn't fall yesterday or he may be in the lead or tied.

omiller315

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by bulls9999 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Wow, if not for those 2 doubles, he would have the lead right now.
avatar
bulls9999

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2015-01-14
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by dortt on Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:21 pm

Great round for Phil. Glad he finished it off, unlike the last 2 days.

If Lee struggles a bit coming in, perhaps another 65 will get the victory

dortt

Posts : 230
Join date : 2014-12-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by LongLefty on Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:31 pm

Very solid round. Phil's ball striking has been on point this week. Misses from makeable range at 10, 13, 14, 17 and 8 prevented a really low round, but those two makes from twenty plus feet coming home could prove to be big if the leaders don't go low on the back nine.

LongLefty

Posts : 536
Join date : 2015-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by Admin on Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:02 pm

PHIL made some putts on the back nine today. He still had another 6 putts within 15 feet for a 60 to 63 score,

Yet what a super round.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 1553
Join date : 2014-10-16

View user profile http://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by gophil36 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:08 pm

They're certainly complimentary on tv, and everyone thinks Phil's playing the best he has in some time. Notah Begay said that the last two rounds Phil has worked the ball both ways with confidence. Good news.

gophil36

Posts : 842
Join date : 2014-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by omiller315 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:24 pm

Good article and some clips from 1996.. Funny seeing 16 without the corporate seating. then the flop on 17, which i believe was before 64 degree wedges.

http://www.pgatour.com/long-form/2016/02/01/phil-mickelson-1996-phoenix.html

omiller315

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by Admin on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:04 pm

Mission accomplished next to last group on Sunday--where PHIL wants to be.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 1553
Join date : 2014-10-16

View user profile http://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by bulls9999 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:47 pm

An "Oh Phil Moment" :

Another 'Oh Phil' Moment (link)

Phil Mickelson has hit from some strange places, and he found himself in another peculiar spot on Saturday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.

He tried to hit the island green at the par-5 15th in two, but he sliced his second shot so far left it wound up in what the PGA Tour's ShotLink could only describe as "Other."

Have a look ...That "Other" was the 11th fairway.  But Mickelson always loves a challenge, and he pitched his third shot to 15 feet and made the birdie. Oh, Phil ...



avatar
bulls9999

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2015-01-14
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by Admin on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:07 pm

Yes that was a strange hole and yes PHIL made birdie on it

Admin
Admin

Posts : 1553
Join date : 2014-10-16

View user profile http://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by dortt on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:33 pm

omiller315 wrote:Good article and some clips from 1996.. Funny seeing 16 without the corporate seating. then the flop on 17, which i believe was before 64 degree wedges.

http://www.pgatour.com/long-form/2016/02/01/phil-mickelson-1996-phoenix.html

Daly was the first to use a 64 at the 1993 PGA

dortt

Posts : 230
Join date : 2014-12-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by omiller315 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:40 am

dortt wrote:
omiller315 wrote:Good article and some clips from 1996.. Funny seeing 16 without the corporate seating. then the flop on 17, which i believe was before 64 degree wedges.

http://www.pgatour.com/long-form/2016/02/01/phil-mickelson-1996-phoenix.html

Daly was the first to use a 64 at the 1993 PGA

Didn't know they were around that long. I have a 65 with no bounce that I absolutely love. Feels like I had that thing for 20 years, so I guess that would make sense. I remember being so excited to get the "Phil" Yonex putter back in the 90's. the thing was alot heavier than I was use to and I was 4 and 5 putting greens.lol

omiller315

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by bulls9999 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:03 pm

I got a new set of 3 wedges this year (Cleveland) and dropped back to 50-54-58 (used to have 52-56-60).  I love the 50/54. I sold my old Titleist Vokey wedges as a set on Ebay....lol, they were so scratched up I couldn't believe they ran it up from the $15 I put the set of 3 on there, they ran it up to ~$80. If I had known about this place, I probably would have had them refurbished:

Tiger Nick Refurbished Clubs (link)

omiller315 wrote:
dortt wrote:
omiller315 wrote:Good article and some clips from 1996.. Funny seeing 16 without the corporate seating. then the flop on 17, which i believe was before 64 degree wedges.

http://www.pgatour.com/long-form/2016/02/01/phil-mickelson-1996-phoenix.html

Daly was the first to use a 64 at the 1993 PGA

Didn't know they were around that long. I have a 65 with no bounce that I absolutely love. Feels like I had that thing for 20 years, so I guess that would make sense. I remember being so excited to get the "Phil" Yonex putter back in the 90's. the thing was alot heavier than I was use to and I was 4 and 5 putting greens.lol
avatar
bulls9999

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2015-01-14
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Management 3rd round 2016

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum