Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report: Mickelson hired attorneys to help construct Saudi golf league, calls PGA Tour 'dictatorship'

2 posters

Go down

Report: Mickelson hired attorneys to help construct Saudi golf league, calls PGA Tour 'dictatorship' Empty Report: Mickelson hired attorneys to help construct Saudi golf league, calls PGA Tour 'dictatorship'

Post by bulls9999 Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:24 pm

Phil, what are you doing?  You're scorched earth policy of burning bridges behind you is going to ostracize yourself with the PGATour  Enjoy your future abroad.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/mickelson-sgl-report-2022?utm_medium=email&utm_source=021722&utm_campaign=hitlist&utm_content=DM25386&uuid=352812f4c53f475cb062de5066c21435

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Report: Mickelson hired attorneys to help construct Saudi golf league, calls PGA Tour 'dictatorship' Empty Re: Report: Mickelson hired attorneys to help construct Saudi golf league, calls PGA Tour 'dictatorship'

Post by dortt Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:11 pm

Phil is 100% correct.

Monahan is Deane Beaman 2.0. Rewarding mediocrity

Compare that to when Fincehm was commish when it was the stars who drove the train. Even in regards to course setups. The setup is tailored for the rank and file player, not the super stars. Finchem had the courses set up MUCH harder, and the good players could dominate. Now, we're back to the Beaman era where parity reigns.

Monahan is THE PROBLEM

dortt

Back to top Go down

Report: Mickelson hired attorneys to help construct Saudi golf league, calls PGA Tour 'dictatorship' Empty Re: Report: Mickelson hired attorneys to help construct Saudi golf league, calls PGA Tour 'dictatorship'

Post by bulls9999 Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:31 am

The only reason Phil is going down this path is because he knows he can no longer compete on the PGA and he likely doesn't like the smaller purses for Champions Tour. So he wants to burn down the house that fed him all these years to try and get players over the this Saudi tour. And I believe more the points made in Brandel Chamblee's column, that in order to sustain the purses, the venues, the TV coverage, they have to have restrictions (just like every other sport, no different). It is sad to see Phil go down this route.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:20 am

You know which group has said nothing regarding this and has refused to defend the PGA Tour

Augusta National

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:47 am

I don't get what you're pointing at. Why would Augusta National say anything? I haven't seen other Major/Tour venues say anything either. I would think this is between PGATour and the players.

Brandel's article brought up the inaccuracies in Phil's prior mention of this at the previous tournament and this week (i.e., 55% versus 25% disbursed that Phil stated; if players owned their media rights, you wouldn't get the TV stations to spend billions for broadcast rights, millions needed per venue for PGATour events, etc).

But this English guy (Eamon Lynch) had a better take down on Phil on moralistic grounds ("Phil is morally bankrupt while acknowledging the atrocities of the Saudi regime while still happy to take their money; who is 'greedy'?....Phil is probably one of the top 4 richest golfers of all time.. Tiger, Jack, Arnold, Phil?).

dortt wrote:You know which group has said nothing regarding this and has refused to defend the PGA Tour

Augusta National

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by dortt Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:53 pm

bulls9999 wrote:I don't get what you're pointing at.  Why would Augusta National say anything?  I haven't seen other Major/Tour venues say anything either.  I would think this is between PGATour and the players.

Brandel's article brought up the inaccuracies in Phil's prior mention of this at the previous tournament and this week (i.e., 55% versus 25% disbursed that Phil stated; if players owned their media rights, you wouldn't get the TV stations to spend billions for broadcast rights, millions needed per venue for PGATour events, etc).

But this English guy (Eamon Lynch) had a better take down on Phil on moralistic grounds ("Phil is morally bankrupt while acknowledging the atrocities of the Saudi regime while still happy to take their money; who is 'greedy'?....Phil is probably one of the top 4 richest golfers of all time.. Tiger, Jack, Arnold, Phil?).

dortt wrote:You know which group has said nothing regarding this and has refused to defend the PGA Tour

Augusta National

And what is Phil doing that is anything different than what Jack and Arnie did? They both led a breakaway league in the 1960s, over some of the same issues.

The PGA Tour is repeating many of the same mistakes that the PGA of America did. Mainly, too much emphasis on the rank and file, forgetting who makes the money.

Consider the PIP, nobody gave a shit about the Bryson vs Brooks feud. The public at large ONLY cares about Tiger and Phil, with Jordan in 3rd place. Check the ratings when they play vs when they don't. Brooks cannot move the needle worth a shit, neither can Rory

dortt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down