Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wells Fargo - Round 4

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wells Fargo - Round 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Wells Fargo - Round 4

Post by gophil36 Tue May 19, 2015 9:51 am

He had a chance at 58 that day and shot a 59. Fabulous stuff! I have watched him since he was an amateur and played in those events. At the time, he was interesting because he was a clean-cut handsome kid who played awesome golf left-handed. Then when he won a tour event as a college kid, he was always my favorite. They too seldom forget that he played in Tiger's era when stating his wins. I fear that the young players in Rory's time might suffer the same outcome. Phil was the next biggest player and then Tiger came along. Phil has been great considering what he'd have likely done without Tiger.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Tue May 19, 2015 1:21 pm

gophil36 wrote:He had a chance at 58 that day and shot a 59.  Fabulous stuff!  I have watched him since he was an amateur and played in those events.  At the time, he was interesting because he was a clean-cut handsome kid who played awesome golf left-handed.  Then when he won a tour event as a college kid, he was always my favorite.  They too seldom forget that he played in Tiger's era when stating his wins.  I fear that the young players in Rory's time might suffer the same outcome. Phil was the next biggest player and then Tiger came along.  Phil has been great considering what he'd have likely done without Tiger.

I gotta give Johnny Miller credit because I've heard him say on multiple occasions that with out a Tiger Woods Phil Mickelson would have been THE MAN!!!

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Tue May 19, 2015 1:41 pm

Some people find fault with Johnny, but I agree with you that I think he's fair to Phil. Even old Faldo is giving Phil some compliments these days.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Tue May 19, 2015 3:13 pm

gophil36 wrote:Some people find fault with Johnny, but I agree with you that I think he's fair to Phil.  Even old Faldo is giving Phil some compliments these days.

Ive softened my opinion on Faldo lately too. I stumbled upon an article from a few years ago and Nick was at one of Bone's birthday parties so I guess he and Phil just like jabbing each other and I of course have thin skin when I hear that stuff. LOL Laughing

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum