Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US Open Week Starts Now.......

4 posters

Go down

US Open Week Starts Now....... Empty US Open Week Starts Now.......

Post by bulls9999 Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:07 pm

Pebble Beach Course and Flyover: https://www.usopen.com/course/1.html#flyover

Good thing (for Phil): Won't be playing all the other courses in the typical Pebble Beach rotation, just Pebble Beach GC

Bad thing (for Phil): His driving. I witnessed Rory really work his driver this past week at the Canadian Open and I was thinking how little I saw people wayward in the trees, etc. I could only imagine where the views would be from if Phil played there. Pebble is a bit open, at least I think so.

Anyway, I shot a resounding 84 today even with a double on the opening par-5 (was in the greenside bunker in 3, ugh), a triple on par3 16th, and a triple on the par4 18th..... what could have been.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

US Open Week Starts Now....... Empty Re: US Open Week Starts Now.......

Post by j58golf Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:12 am

Omg bulls 84 with a double and 2 triples. Had to be nerves on the 16th and 18th.
I can only imagine how nervous Phil will be if he has a shot on Sunday......first he needs 3 good rounds !!!!

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:33 am

Yes, I was counting my apples early....literally.  I usually count up the 8 hole score by the 9th (or 18th) tee box, and write it down on the score card, so when I get the last score (9th or 18th), I just have to add that in and have the score totaled quickly.... so at the 18th tee box, I'm telling my wife, you're sitting on a 38 right now, and I'm sitting on 35 (thinking wow, 35, even with bogie I finish the side with a 40, to add to my 42 on the front!!...so exciting)…. only to hit my 18th tee shot to right rough, hit a tree trying to carve a draw down the fairway, hit another tree's overhang branches....hit to back of green and missed putt....ugh....ugly 7 on a par4.  And if you were to ask me, I could have used a 6-iron all the way down to the green and still get bogie.  that's golf!

Not sure how Phil will play this as he has 4 rounds on the Pebble Beach course.  I remember the last time the US Open was there (was that when Dustin lost it to what's his name.... the Irish guy who just sank a 30-foot par putt on 18th of Canadian open to qualify for British Open (ok, The Open Champ.) at his hometown course, Royal Portrush.

j58golf wrote:Omg bulls 84 with  a double and 2  triples. Had to be nerves on the 16th and 18th.
I can only imagine how nervous Phil will be if he has a shot on Sunday......first he needs 3 good rounds !!!!

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:19 pm

1st of many many PHIL/US open articles--will likely meet press on Tuesday

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/26895708/what-phil-mickelson-never-wins-us-open

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:31 pm

Apparently not, no Tuesday interview:

"Mickelson is not scheduled to hold a formal pre-tournament interview, and he declined an interview request after completing his practice round. He tees off at 11:13 a.m. ET Thursday alongside two men who have both lifted the trophy he covets the most, Dustin Johnson and Graeme McDowell."

Admin wrote:1st of many many PHIL/US open articles--will likely meet press on Tuesday

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/26895708/what-phil-mickelson-never-wins-us-open

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:36 pm

Maybe that is good--don't answer the questions

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:44 pm

That’s what i told my wife, ecstatic that he didn’t open mouth and stick foot in.... just let your play speak for you....
Admin wrote:Maybe that is good--don't answer the questions

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:11 pm

The press would certainly bring up last years fiasco on the green and his criticism the USGA. Hopefully this is one of many smart decisions Phil makes this week. Lol.!

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by CoJack Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:50 pm

Phil not happy:
"The most biting critique came from a man who is a U.S. Open title away from achieving the career grand slam: Phil Mickelson. He didn’t hold back. “I’ve played, what, 29 U.S. Opens. One-hundred percent of time they have messed it up if it doesn’t rain,” Mickelson said. “The rain is the governor. That’s the only governor they have. And if they don’t have a governor they don’t know how to control themselves. “It’s just based on history,” he continued. “My 30 years, and 30 years before that. So I think we’re all pulling for a little rain.” https://www.golf.com/news/2019/06/09/us-open-2019-usga-exec-tour-pros-criticism-course-setup/

Brandel Chamblee weighs in on what Phil said, https://www.golfchannel.com/video/us-open-2019-chamblee-talks-mickelson-criticism-usga

CoJack

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:36 am

US open week is a bit stressful on PHIL--I think letting the media focus on others is a good plan

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:09 am

And.... I'm kind of getting tired of Brooks Koepka playing Rodney Dangerfield, "I don't get no respect". He's won what, 3 majors in 2 years... be happy. Then he starts up with the high-horse "the complainers are complaining because their game isn't there" (or something like that). Starting not to like Koepka, although I have to agree with his weightlifting routine that helped Tiger and Rory (I've been doing some cardio as well as weight work, and the additional strength I've gained back in my arms is showing on my driving Smile Smile Smile Smile … powering the ball like I haven't done in last 10 years, and comparing to even just last year. And my son took my exercise machine to his house last year (the contraption that had the benchpress, lat pulls, arm rows, etc), argghhhh, so now I'm resorting to old school dumbbells, lol.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:07 am

I agree about Koepka. Getting tired of his deadpan whining. For a guy who acts like he doesnt care he seems to know everything that's going on. He makes Dustin Johnson look like Mr. Personality .lol lol
I just hope hes off this week so Phil will have one less guy to worry about.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down