Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

President's Cup 1st Day matches

5 posters

Go down

President's Cup 1st Day matches  Empty President's Cup 1st Day matches

Post by Admin Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:47 am

and PHIL will be out in Foursomes with Zach Johnson against Day and Bowditch. This is alternate shot and supposedly PHIL does better in Four Ball but historically the record is mixed on this point. In my opinion this is a great pairing.  So stay tuned.

and they are out and I am off to bed!!!

Last edited by Admin on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

President's Cup 1st Day matches  Empty Re: President's Cup 1st Day matches

Post by gophil36 Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:34 am

Should be exciting. Just looking at pictures and noted that Amy is still holding her own with the young wives! Let's hope Phil does the same!

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:19 pm

Of course I want USA to win but more importantly want Phil to go undefeated...DO YOU HEAR THAT golf gods?? I watched the drawings last night and couldn't believe Phil gets the touted hottest opponent in Day. I remember Phil and Keegan beat Rory and Sergio last year but I think that was four-ball. They did say he has a winning record in foursomes for the Pres Cup.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:55 am

If they could sink a putt they'd be ready to close it out!

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:57 am

Come on guys!! They are giving you gifts and you're not taking advantage of them....should be up by 3-4 at least.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by CoJack Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:27 am

Phil with the shot of the day as he holed out from the bunker for a birdie. That shot put him and Zack up 2 with 5 to play.

CoJack

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:36 am

Glad to see Phil and Zack win.  And did it nicely, although they were missing some putts by a hair.

Phil's hole out puts them up +2, then on 17th hole Jason Day drains a bomb for birdie and Phil's ball (kudo's for Zack to put him there) lips out.  Then 18th hole and Phil BOMBS a drive middle of the fairway!!, well beyond Jason's 3-wood (which he can hit 300+ yrds), and Zack puts the ball in close....the hole was eventually conceded when they missed their eagle putt.

I guess Phil and Zack again against Jason Day and Adam Scott (no broomstick putter, lol, he's mortal this time)

Korean chef drama... American's requested PBJ sandwiches for their practice rounds.  They brought them peanut butter on one sandwich and jelly on another.  They said NO!, on the same sandwich....so they brought them peanut butter and jelly, but separated by a slice of bread.  They said NO!, peanut butter has to touch the jelly....Koreans said 'that's gross', but whatever you want and then they finally got it right.  So learning from this.  The Internationals requested Ham & cheese and PBJ, so they brought them sandwiches: ham, cheese, peanut butter, jelly....in the same sandwich! LOL.

Also, many of the players said the golf course looks like no one every played on it.... the American analysts said, at "$1 million annual membership fee, I can see why". Did you see those little ladies in their bonnets fixing the ball marks on the greens....good golly, they had their pail, some type of screw driver, and a rolling pin to roll the surface flat again....wow, they really take good care.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:05 am

I thought Phil played better than I've seen him play in a long time. Hope it continues. Day got better as the match went on, but I think he's peaked. He and Scott might be a formidable team, but after yesterday, I have faith in Phil and Zach. Phil sure looks like he's having fun, and playing his own ball might be a different story. They said his drive on the last hole was 327 and the fairway was only 28 yards wide where he put it. Awesome! The hole out was great as well.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Day strokes a great putt, he's dangerous. I think Scott is vulnerable on the greens with the short putter, but he is likely better than Bowditch on accuracy of short shots, so it will be tougher today, imo.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:45 pm

CoJack wrote:Phil with the shot of the day as he holed out from the bunker for a birdie. That shot put him and Zack up 2 with 5 to play.

That was a great shot but I was equally impressed with the drive on the 18th hole. They were 1 up and a terrible tee shot could have given them the halve. It landed in the narrow part of the fairway. Day even used 3 wood. Phil the thrill!!

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:49 pm

bulls ,
I don't know if you caught Phil interview but he said he feels he and Zack have more good golf in them. (let the clubs talk Phil LOL) I love the confidence at least this time he is talking coming off a good round . They better get the putters hot though. Day could hole it from anywhere on the green.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:32 pm

Yes, I took that as Phil lobbying to Jay Haas to keep him in, or them together, which is what he has done. "Don't fix what ain't broke". Now, Reed and Kuchar, that just didn't seem to gel and I guess they are out.

j58golf wrote:bulls ,
I don't know if you caught Phil interview but he said he feels he and Zack have more good golf in them. (let the clubs talk Phil LOL) I love the confidence at least this time he is talking  coming off a good round .  They better get the putters hot though. Day could hole it from anywhere on the green.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:02 pm

PHIL had a great 1st day. I actually thought he would sit out for fourballs but if a team is hot you ride them!!!

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down