Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deutsche Bank - Round 1

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Deutsche Bank - Round 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Deutsche Bank - Round 1

Post by j58golf Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:17 pm

Phils driving is horrendous.. Been with Butch since 2007 and what does he have to show for it. It would probably have won the same amount with Rick Smith.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:22 pm

Don't bungle the last hole....geesus, he has trouble closing out a round.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:23 pm

Please don't send it a mile past the hole....get it close and in.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Same old wish ...just hope the afternoon wave doesn't go low

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:52 pm

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/sports/local_sports/dbc-notebook-mickelson-needs-to-make-his-stand/article_f0cee6ed-74e0-57c1-afa1-dd2e1681021b.html

So I guess a made cut gets Phil to the BMW and a 3rd place this week guarantees him a spot on tour championshop so he could skip the BMW

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:01 pm

I'll bet he wishes he were in the position he was in when he won and simultaneously made the announcement that he'd not be playing the next event. He was a little cocky then. Probably still is, but his position is different. LOL

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:14 pm

Why would/should he skip the BMW? That doesn't sound like someone who wants to win the FedEx Cup, given they reset the points for the championship based on what you did for the prior 3...he would lose ground by skipping the BMW. IMO, they should have a clause that says if you skip a tournament, you forfeit any remaining ones that you are eligible for. I like that Darwinian approach...only the strong survive.

j58golf wrote:http://www.thesunchronicle.com/sports/local_sports/dbc-notebook-mickelson-needs-to-make-his-stand/article_f0cee6ed-74e0-57c1-afa1-dd2e1681021b.html

So I guess a made cut gets Phil to the BMW and a 3rd place this week guarantees him a spot on tour championshop so he could skip the BMW

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:18 pm

“It was the most challenging I've seen this golf course play, especially given that the greens were very receptive,” Mickelson said. “The wind made it play very difficult and there were some challenging pin positions.”

Mickelson has made 20 consecutive American Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup teams. This marks the first time in his professional career that he won’t qualify for a team on points. He’s 29th on the U.S. points list with the top 10 automatically qualifying. He can’t crack the top 10, even with a victory.

“I would love to be on the team,” Mickelson told the Associated Press earlier this week. “If I can play well this week, hopefully I’ll have a chance to be a pick. And if I do, then I’ll keep playing to try to stay sharp. If I don’t play well this week, and I’m not a pick, then I’m not sure what I’ll do hereafter.”

This is his mindset.
As far as SKIPPING EVENTS I AGREE THE SYSTEM IS FLAWED Sergio SKIPPED THE FIRST 2 EVENTS.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Yes, that is his mindset, but it seems he is simply playing for the Presidents' Cup, not the FedEx Cup. Same with those Euro guys who skip for whatever reason.... make it a forfeiture if you miss a tournament in the series and that will put some seriousness into attitudes.

j58golf wrote:“It was the most challenging I've seen this golf course play, especially given that the greens were very receptive,” Mickelson said. “The wind made it play very difficult and there were some challenging pin positions.”

Mickelson has made 20 consecutive American Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup teams. This marks the first time in his professional career that he won’t qualify for a team on points. He’s 29th on the U.S. points list with the top 10 automatically qualifying. He can’t crack the top 10, even with a victory.

“I would love to be on the team,” Mickelson told the Associated Press earlier this week. “If I can play well this week, hopefully I’ll have a chance to be a pick. And if I do, then I’ll keep playing to try to stay sharp. If I don’t play well this week, and I’m not a pick, then I’m not sure what I’ll do hereafter.”

This is his mindset.
 As far as SKIPPING EVENTS I AGREE THE SYSTEM IS FLAWED  Sergio  SKIPPED THE FIRST 2 EVENTS.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2