Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

closest thing to an interview

2 posters

Go down

closest thing to an interview Empty closest thing to an interview

Post by j58golf Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:17 am

No holiday for the working man

Posted on: September 7th, 2015 by luaz2012

NORTON, MA (Sept. 7, 2015) – The first Monday of September is dedicated to celebrating the efforts and achievements of the working class, and Phil Mickelson is laboring hard these days, but there was no celebrating after his final round of the Deutsche Bank Championship. The swing he thought he might have found on Sunday was a thing of the past, for the time being.

A day after he hit eight fairways and 16 greens in regulation he hit three fairways, the second of those being the 14th, and eight greens. He was sorely disappointed but not at all disenchanted.

“It happens,” Phil said. “I know where I’m going, and I feel I know how to get there, I’m just not there yet.”

After making three bogeys in the first six holes he was back to even par after a 36-foot birdie putt on 11.

Good second shots on holes 2 and 12 both ended in hazards a yard short of the green. On 13 a shot from the woods ticked the last limb on the way out and stayed in the woods. On 18 his longest drive of the week on the par-5 took once last bounce into wiry grass. That left him standing in a bunker taking nearly a baseball swing aimed 40 yards left of the flag. From deep rough just above the sand once again, he could not make birdie.

Phil battled for his 3-over 74, though it was nothing to celebrate. That will come when he achieves command of his swing again, and he’s fully confident he will.
Tags: Deutsche Bank Championship, FedExCup, PGA Tour, Phil Mickelson, Playoffs, TPC Boston

j58golf

Back to top Go down

closest thing to an interview Empty Re: closest thing to an interview

Post by gophil36 Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:03 am

His website said that he is visiting his new golf course in Canada. We'll know today if he makes the Pres. Cup team or not. I have mixed feelings about it. I am happy that Rickie Fowler won yesterday. He was the Golden Boy for awhile in the media, and then never mentioned as they christened the top 3. Thus far, he's about the best closer I've seen for some time. Always seems to be able to get the job done, except for the majors. I am ready for the Tour Championship, and then for golf to be over for awhile. I think the wrap-around season is crazy. Time for a break from competitive golf and some football! Jordon Spieth is already showing the signs of burnout. If they need a few tournaments for new tour members, then they should host some outside of tournaments that count as a regular win when no top players are present. JMO Too much golf for me. I need a break, and then look forward to a great new year that starts in Jan., not Oct.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:29 am

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/video/raw-phil-mickelson-press-conference-233947489.html

Anyone with 40 xtra minutes here is Phils press conference in Calgary . Sounds like quite a project. One thing that stuck out to me was he said is he is only going to work on 1 course at a time because he still wants to play competitive golf and building courses is very time consuming.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:50 am

There is much hope of having the Canadian Open there. I saw pictures of the project somewhere, and it really looks like it will be something for Canada to be proud of. In the meantime, I wonder if there's a practice facility? Open as we speak! :shock

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down