Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil practices at Chambers Bay

4 posters

Go down

Phil practices at Chambers Bay Empty Re: Phil practices at Chambers Bay

Post by Admin Fri May 29, 2015 12:11 pm

PHIL lives!!!

great stuff--unlikely will be there today as well.

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Fri May 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Back with Pelz!
On a different note, why can't Rory play the way he's playing for a couple of weeks now and then with Phil in the field.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Fri May 29, 2015 11:45 pm

Did you read any of the comments below the article on Golf Channel? :

Annie Osis12 hours ago

No matter what, by the time [he] puts the peg in the ground for round 1, Phil will convince himself that Chambers Bay is his favorite course in the world. Unlike Poultry and Stenchson he will not be defeated before he even begins.

2 replies
Burrows11 hours ago

That's why Phil is Phil and Poulter and Stenson are well, Poulter and Stenson with one less major combined than Jordan Spieth.

Annie Osis5 hours ago
I actually like Henrik I was surprised at his negativity towards the course. I guess he was being honest, but you would think he would 'lie' to himself to get a positive outlook. Maybe it is a Swedish thing.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Sat May 30, 2015 10:15 am

LOL. Watching the Irish Open and the weather and conditions, one would think that they could adjust. Then again, they don't play all of the Euro venues either. Sound a little spoiled rather than looking at it as a challenge shared by all. Phil has always loved a challenge. I'll never stop being amazed that he won the British Open. Talk about conquering a challenge. And bringing Bones to tears.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Sat May 30, 2015 11:16 am

You want a challenge?.... The current tournament in Dallas is one heck of a 'challenge'. Rained so much lately that the course waterways rose so high they have 1-foot long fish in the bunkers.

Fish in bunker at Byron Nelson

gophil36 wrote:LOL.  Watching the Irish Open and the weather and conditions, one would think that they could adjust.  Then again, they don't play all of the Euro venues either.  Sound a little spoiled rather than looking at it as a challenge shared by all.  Phil has always loved a challenge.  I'll never stop being amazed that he won the British Open.  Talk about conquering a challenge.  And bringing Bones to tears.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sat May 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Phil's putter finally came alive at the Masters and Wells Fargo. It was reported that Stockton told him to putt with a brush stroke like painting a canvas or something to that effect. If you guys remember at the start of this year Pelz gave him the idea to putt with one stroke inside 10 feet and another way outside 10 feet. Stats proved it to be good but turned out to be a disaster for Phil and Phil went back to ONE WAY. I just hope Pelz isn't putting too much stuff in his head for this US Open.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Sat May 30, 2015 3:00 pm

Pelz is the mechanic. I like the looks of Phils stroke when he's feeling it.
I think that Texas is underwater! I saw the big carp swimming in the bunker. The guys shoes are a soggy, muddy mess.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 30, 2015 4:46 pm

I remember Atlanta when PHIL beat Gary Nicklaus in a playoff-that was wet as well. It was so wet they had a one hole playoff on a very soggy hole.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Sun May 31, 2015 9:05 am

Well, Oklahoma and Texas have had mega rain this past month (May), Oklahoma as a state has had 19.7 inches of rain, beating any month ever on record; we had about 3 straight weeks of tornado alerts and was driving us crazy. I heard yesterday that Texas has had so much rain in May, that it would cover the entire state 8 inches deep (they said 800 trillion gallons...to bad they can't send some to California).

gophil36 wrote:Pelz is the mechanic. I like the looks of Phils stroke when he's feeling it.
I think that Texas is underwater! I saw the big carp swimming in the bunker. The guys shoes are a soggy, muddy mess.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:32 pm

PHIL will be late and early this week with Fowler and Matsaymua

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:21 am

I have been watching the NCAA Men's tournament, and they certainly have had lots of great things to say about Phil. Pretty much a concensus that he's the greatest college player ever.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:26 am

PHIL certainly accomplished a lot in his college career.

I think most golfers benefit from college as opposed to being a pro at 20 or 21.

There are alot of talented golfers in this NCAA event but only a bare handfull will make it to the pros so degrees count!!!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:34 am

He certainly won a lot of titles and also a pro event as an amateur. I agree, and the added years and maturity have to benefit players when facing a grind of so many years. Also, is there anything that compares to college life--even though we thought it was so hard at the time? Kind of the last hurrah before life gets in the way! Then again, being a golf pro, other than travelling and missing the family seems like a nice way to make a living. It changes the fun quotient, I would imagine, if it becomes a job and the means to support ones family, but it could be worse, IMO.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum