Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Open Championship Round 2

4 posters

Go down

The Open Championship Round 2 Empty The Open Championship Round 2

Post by bulls9999 Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:27 am

Well, just watched Phil FAIL 2 times at a Phil Phlop Shot from 15-20 feet from the flag on hole #2, perhaps 8 feet off the green.  Other 2 competitors hit normal pitch shot and put it within 5-8 feet of the flag, but Phil, who was the closest, had to do the full swing flop shot that landed short on the uphill/banked fringe and it rolled back.  OK, so he tries again and gets the same result except it rolls further back then he was the first time....then 3rd try, he puts it 18 feet past the pin.  Such a sorry attempt, I can do better.  So, Lowry birdies and Phil makes Double Bogie!!  Yea, he's 'such an idiot' at times (using his own words from some years ago), that was so unnecessary, he lets memories of his greatness that he can no longer pull off, but tries to repeat them anyway.....he lets that get in his way.

Next par3, the other 2 competitors put it within 15 feet of the pin (someone is really close) and Phil, well, maybe 30+ feet away?

How many missed cuts will this make for Phil? Geesh, I don't recall him missing this many since that horrible year a few years ago.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

The Open Championship Round 2 Empty Re: The Open Championship Round 2

Post by CoJack Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:33 am

bulls9999 wrote:Well, just watched Phil FAIL 2 times at a Phil Phlop Shot from 15-20 feet from the flag on hole #2, perhaps 8 feet off the green.  Other 2 competitors hit normal pitch shot and put it within 5-8 feet of the flag, but Phil, who was the closest, had to do the full swing flop shot that landed short on the uphill/banked fringe and it rolled back.  OK, so he tries again and gets the same result except it rolls further back then he was the first time....then 3rd try, he puts it 18 feet past the pin.  Such a sorry attempt, I can do better.  So, Lowry birdies and Phil makes Double Bogie!!  Yea, he's 'such an idiot' at times (using his own words from some years ago), that was so unnecessary, he lets memories of his greatness that he can no longer pull off, but tries to repeat them anyway.....he lets that get in his way.

Next par3, the other 2 competitors put it within 15 feet of the pin (someone is really close) and Phil, well, maybe 30+ feet away?

How many missed cuts will this make for Phil?  Geesh, I don't recall him missing this many since that horrible year a few years ago.

Age has caught up to him. We are not going to see the Phil of old. I wonder if Bones was still his caddie, would he be playing any better?

CoJack

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:55 am

up and down--mostly down after that double

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:04 am

listless

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:41 am

Crap, just watched Phil hit his drive right, pulls out another ball and hits it right again.  Raining now which isn't helping but Lowry is coping.  Not helping having the leader in the group as you are floundering. Or you just put 2 balls into the right weeds while the other 2 guys are sitting in fairway/fringe.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:50 am

Phil escaped out of that unharmed, I guess he found his 1st ball and hit in on the green, just missing birdie.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:53 am

Dang, Lowry is sinking putts from a mile away.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:22 am

Can't make anything, ugghhhh

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

The Open Championship Round 2 Empty The Open Championship Round 2

Post by bulls9999 Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:10 pm

Weird, i’m accessing Phil Phanatics through ‘Topicit’ app

Sent from Topic'it App

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:09 am

Phil is struggling I guess father time is making an appearance pretty regularly now.
As far as his brother as his caddie goes I think it helps with Tim on the bag. Phil had a 5 year drought before he finally won in Mexico . He won twice with Tim and it was inside an 11 month period. IMO at the end there Bones was feeding him too much info for every shot. I ve gone to a few tournaments every year since 2006 and had a front row seat for it. At times it's no wonder Phil's head didnt explode. In 2017 Players it was caught on TV Phil saying just give me the yardage I can hit the shot...I'm paraphrasing but it was stern. All I can say is Bones should be giving Phil a great xmas present every year because without Phil hed never have gotten this announcers job.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:45 am

So you're saying that 'as the boss', Phil couldn't shut Bones down if he wanted him to shut up about the 'info'????????????????

If you saw the episode where Phil failed twice at his 'Phlop Shot' yesterday on Hole #2 where it rolled back each time.... that was between the ears type stuff.... trying to be 'cutesy' instead of doing what the others did, low chip shot.... no, he had to try the infamous Phil Phlop….. yep, it really did flopp. Phil takes the blame for his lack of progress.

j58golf wrote:Phil is struggling I guess father time is making an appearance pretty regularly now.
As far as his brother as his caddie goes I think it helps with Tim on the bag. Phil had a 5 year drought before he finally won in Mexico . He won twice with Tim and it was inside an 11 month period. IMO at the end there Bones was feeding him too much info for every shot. I ve gone to a few tournaments every year since 2006 and had a front row seat for it. At times it's no wonder Phil's head didnt explode. In 2017 Players it was caught on TV Phil saying just give me the yardage I can hit the shot...I'm paraphrasing but it was stern. All I can say is Bones should be giving Phil a great xmas present every year because without Phil hed never have gotten this announcers job.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:17 am

I saw the terrible flop shot. All I'm saying is IMO not having Bones on the bag has no bearing to Phil's lousy game. Phil makes the final decisions..he always said that. But when you add old age focus issues that he has I think it's better with Tim on the bag. Bones was quite in your face chatty with too much info at times probably not helping the focus problem Phil has. Phil's other problem is he thinks he can still pull off all the shots he did in his prime. Getting older in sports ain't easy.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:23 am

Well, getting older in some sports (golf) can be made easier if you let it.  For instance, I'm 65 and played with some younger kids recently and on a couple of holes I got the look of amazement that we got the same score on some holes.... but the young guys did it by fairway, green, and 2 putt and par; I did it by rough, rough, chip it close and putt out for par.  Or, par3 they use an iron and I used a hybrid, both getting on the green.  I questioned "what was that look of amazement on your face" and the young guys said, you par'd but never touched the fairway, lol.  I said well, I play like an 'old(er) guy'.... use whatever club it takes to score, to get the lowest score I can, to get the job done, I'm not going to stand toe-to-toe using the same clubs you might because I don't hit some that long.

Now when Phil starts "playing to score" and stops trying to entertain with Phlop shots, whatever, he might start doing better; maybe he should back off and use less-stiff shafts, lighter shafts instead of bragging that 'he's hitting bombs', laughable when he can't hit the fairway and misses cuts....would like to say "how are those bombs doing for you?".  I have noticed some players on tour I think are using graphite shafts in their irons....can't verify because some of the new steel iron shafts are smoke/black with color stickers that make them look like graphite shafts do. Kind of got me to take notice that, wow, that guy swallowed his pride and using graphite iron shafts (to remain competitive....I believe they were some of the 'shorter hitters')? Forgot who it was, but I can swear I've seen that several times now.

j58golf wrote:I saw the terrible flop shot. All I'm saying is IMO not having Bones on the bag has no bearing to Phil's lousy game. Phil makes the final decisions..he always said that. But when you add old age focus issues that he has    I think it's better with Tim on the bag. Bones was quite in your face chatty with too much info at times probably not helping  the focus problem Phil has. Phil's other problem is he thinks he can still pull off all the shots he did in his prime. Getting older in sports ain't easy.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:58 pm

Kudos to you bulls for keeping up with the young guys. Great story!

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:19 pm

It was only on those few holes, lol. The point was, 'I had to do it my way', couldn't do it their (young) way. I hope Phil does whatever it takes to play better, even if it's a downgrade in equipment.

j58golf wrote:Kudos to you bulls for keeping up with the young guys. Great story!

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down