1st Day Ryder Cup

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: 1st Day Ryder Cup

Post by gophil36 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:05 pm

Excluding Ricky Fowler, I think a few of our "young guns" have a sense of entitlement. They need to grow up. It's the way they're groomed to be elite golfers and speak correctly most of the time, but their actions betray the practiced politeness. Patrick Reed and his wife are known for their salty vocabulary on the course however. Bet the Euros didn't have people saying they wouldn't play with another teammate. One has to wonder how strong a leader Jim F. was. I think he's a really nice guy who's liked by everyone. Can't understand some pairings and why he played them when he did. I don't think they followed the new plan for success!

gophil36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:08 am

First you had Reed's wife comment that "you'd better ask Jordan why he didn't want to play with Patrick" to suggest it wasn't Patrick's fault, and now Patrick saying to the NYTimes:

"Reed was never given a chance to answer the question – that is until he was contacted late on Sunday by the New York Times, and it turns out he had plenty to say.  “The issue’s obviously with Jordan not wanting to play with me,” Reed told the Times. “I don’t have any issue with Jordan. When it comes right down to it, I don’t care if I like the person I’m paired with or if the person likes me as long as it works and it sets up the team for success. He and I know how to make each other better. We know how to get the job done.”

"According to Reed, the decision to split from Spieth was not his call, or the captain’s, but rather, due to Spieth’s wishes. Reed also took shots at Furyk for sitting him in both fourball matches."

So I'm not to sure of the 'blame P. Reed' for this; have not heard Jordan dispute this. I've never been in the camp of P.Reed, but I don't see the 'evidence' that says it was him not wanting Jordan as partner. Everything I've seen says his side is refuting that.

gophil36 wrote:Excluding Ricky Fowler, I think a few of our "young guns" have a sense of entitlement.  They need to grow up. It's the way they're groomed to be elite golfers and speak correctly most of the time, but their actions betray the practiced politeness. Patrick Reed and his wife are known for their salty vocabulary on the course however.  Bet the Euros didn't have people saying they wouldn't play with another teammate.  One has to wonder how strong a leader Jim F. was. I think he's a really nice guy who's liked by everyone.  Can't understand some pairings and why he played them when he did.  I don't think they followed the new plan for success!

Last edited by bulls9999 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
bulls9999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:16 am

Phil, please don't try to do another 'cup'.... let it die swift and quick, not a slow bleed that drains one's legacy of credibility. "I'm motivated now to work hard...." …. what?, why weren't you motivated before? Sorry Phil, but you looked a bit overweight, you were the only one with 'straggly hair' (trying to be the USA version of Tommy Fleetwood?... that look doesn't suit you), and your game has been in shambles for a while now. I don't put you in the same camp as "Tiger is motivated to work harder" as I can see him give up everything to work on his game.... you don't, there's too many distractions in your life to put in the necessary time, so don't give lip service and put in a nominal effort, just stop talking about it and bow-out gracefully.

"It's difficult to talk about it because it means so much to me over the years, and I did not play well this year. This could very well, realistically, be my last one,” said Mickelson, whose Ryder Cup career record is 18-22-7.

Mickelson will be 50 when the matches are played in 2020 and it seems more likely he will be at Whistling Straits as a vice captain not a player, but he didn’t sound as if he was ready to completely give up on his chances just yet.
“I'm motivated now to work hard, to not go out on this note, and I'm motivated to play well these next two years to get back at Whistling Straits and to show what I can do in these events, because this week was not my best,” said Mickelson, who passed Nick Faldo with the most matches played in the Ryder Cup (47).
bulls9999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2