Bones to Caddy for Justin Thomas!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bones to Caddy for Justin Thomas!!

Post by bulls9999 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:53 pm

Likely only temporary.

JT's caddy developed plantar fasciatis after 2 rounds of the PGA Tournament of Champions and returned home to seek treatment; JT's dad has picked up the bag for rounds 3 & 4, but Bones will caddy for him at the Sony Open next week. I think I had that problem during the summer when I started running a lot, and I just started again, we'll see.

Bones to caddy for JT at Sony Open
avatar
bulls9999

Posts : 1438
Join date : 2015-01-14
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones to Caddy for Justin Thomas!!

Post by j58golf on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:46 pm

I'm sure it is temporary but it just doesn't sit well with me. Bones got his announcers on course job so just leave it at that. He made a ton of money on Phils bag 2nd of all time only to Stevie Williams for Tiger. This just makes me MORE if possible anxious for Phil to win multiple times with Tim on his bag!

j58golf

Posts : 1836
Join date : 2014-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones to Caddy for Justin Thomas!!

Post by bulls9999 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:23 pm

I don't get it, you're holding a grudge against Bones? I think even if it was Bones that wanted out to do something different, it's his right having given Phil 25 years on his bag....and having to go through double knee surgery for it. Announcing, even while walking the course is much easier than hauling a 50-lb bag across the same. Lighten up gal!!

j58golf wrote:I'm sure it is temporary but it just doesn't sit well with me. Bones got his announcers  on course job  so just leave it at that. He made a ton of money on Phils bag 2nd of all time only to Stevie Williams for Tiger. This just makes me MORE  if possible  anxious for Phil to win multiple times with Tim on his bag!
avatar
bulls9999

Posts : 1438
Join date : 2015-01-14
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones to Caddy for Justin Thomas!!

Post by j58golf on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:55 pm

You're making it sound like Bones made a big sacrifice for being Phils caddy for 25 yrs. Phil is 2nd top earner. Bones would not have his current job if not for Phil. Bones has had many perks beyond the mere caddies take on the purse. It just didn't sit well with me . I realize Bones has every right to do so. But given the history of Phil and Bones I just feel stick with the course analysis .

j58golf

Posts : 1836
Join date : 2014-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones to Caddy for Justin Thomas!!

Post by bulls9999 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:45 am

But you are still presuming it was Bones' decision and not Phil's? I'm convinced it was the latter. Even if it wasn't, I'd still tip it to Bones that hey, not everyone's knees are the same and he had to endure a double knee operation, that's enough; not worth making them worse. An occasional outing like what he's doing with JT is fine, but not full time long haul. Don't want to be hobbling in his 60's, I wouldn't.

j58golf wrote:You're making it sound like Bones made a big sacrifice for being Phils caddy for 25 yrs. Phil is 2nd top earner. Bones would not have his current job if not for Phil. Bones  has had many perks beyond the mere caddies take on the purse. It just didn't sit well with me . I realize Bones has every right to do so. But given  the history of Phil and Bones I just feel stick with the course analysis .
avatar
bulls9999

Posts : 1438
Join date : 2015-01-14
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones to Caddy for Justin Thomas!!

Post by gophil36 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:00 pm

Funny that Bones said that he kept cleaning the wrong side of the club and standing on the wrong side of Justin.

gophil36

Posts : 850
Join date : 2014-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones to Caddy for Justin Thomas!!

Post by bulls9999 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:02 pm

LOL, that's a good one. I can just see him hand the club back and just looks at it and there's all this dirt in the grooves.... but the back side is nice and clean, hahahaha

gophil36 wrote:Funny that Bones said that he kept cleaning the wrong side of the club and standing on the wrong side of Justin.
avatar
bulls9999

Posts : 1438
Join date : 2015-01-14
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones to Caddy for Justin Thomas!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum