Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#11 Player to Watch = Phil Mickelson

4 posters

Go down

#11 Player to Watch = Phil Mickelson  Empty #11 Player to Watch = Phil Mickelson

Post by bulls9999 Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:02 pm

#11 Player to watch = Phil Mickelson

"If he finds a few more fairways, he might very well return to the winner’s circle"

But that's the problem he's had FOR EVER, HE CAN'T FIND THE FAIRWAY!!!  AND HE'S NEVER FIXED IT!!

I've said this forever as well....he can't get close proximity to the hole from the rough in order to make use of his prior excellent iron play unless he puts himself in the fairway; now that his skills are slowly waning, that becomes even more difficult and finding the fairway more imperative!!

THE OVERVIEW

By Ben Everill, PGATOUR.COM

We can’t help but be enthralled by Phil Mickelson.

Despite the fact it has now been more than four years since his win at the 2013 Open Championship, Mickelson continues to draw the crowds who still revel in the memories of his 42 PGA TOUR triumphs.

And rightfully so. Because he still brings his aggressive, swashbuckling play each week, ensuring he’s a human highlight reel.

Mickelson will hit 48 this season but he wants no part of slowing down, not with another U.S. team to make. Having made every Presidents Cup and Ryder Cup team since 1994, Mickelson intends to extend his record, one that will take something extra special to break (we’re talking to you, Jordan Spieth).

There were only five top-10s last year for Phil but he still made 20 of 22 cuts. The magic is still there; it just needs to turn up for four straight rounds.

In the season opener in Napa, Mickelson once again knocked on the door to finish third. It showed you can’t sleep on the old dog just yet.

The key will be finding just a tad more accuracy with his driver. He’s never been a dart thrower off the tee but if he could just figure out how to hit a handful more, he’d have more looks at birdie and would undoubtedly make most of those.

He’s hovered around 55 percent in driving accuracy the last few seasons and opened this fall at 42 percent. That’s got to change.

Whatever happens, we will be watching, because with Phil, it’s always a thrill.

BY THE NUMBERS

How Phil Mickelson ranked in Strokes Gained statistics during his last full season on the PGA TOUR. Those "Off the Tee" figures are killing him.

#11 Player to Watch = Phil Mickelson  1513349746564

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

#11 Player to Watch = Phil Mickelson  Empty Re: #11 Player to Watch = Phil Mickelson

Post by j58golf Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:40 pm

IF Phil can find the first cut he still has a shot. He can't win if fighting for pars. I just don't want to hear "I'm close" all season. According to Phil this is an important season with the Ryder cup so I expect him to play good from day 1. !! With all the Tiger Hype that may actually help Phil get spurred on. If Tiger wins and Phil doesn't I'll be crushed.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

#11 Player to Watch = Phil Mickelson  Empty Re: #11 Player to Watch = Phil Mickelson

Post by bulls9999 Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:26 pm

Saw the article on Golf Channel questioning whether Phil's next win will be on PGA Tour or Champions Tour?, ugh.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:33 pm

Not what we want to hear!

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:06 pm

It's been a slow news cycle.
I read on Alan Shipnunks twitter feed that he was asking Phil to do his podcast and Phil declined and said he was going to let his clubs do the talking. Bulls I'm sure you are as happy as I am to hear that. He also said Phil was going on a family ski vacation. Alan being the smart ass that he can be reminded Phil the 1st story he wrote about him was when he broke his leg skiing in 1994. Phil responded by saying that was Tha last time he fell.lol
That our Phils classic response.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:43 pm

Getting close to PHIL time!!!

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:51 pm

I am excited. Hope it's been worth the wait!

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum