Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil gets full-time caddy

3 posters

Go down

Phil gets full-time caddy Empty Phil gets full-time caddy

Post by bulls9999 Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:00 am

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2017/12/01/jon-rahm-tim-mickelson-phil-mickelson-caddie.html

Mickelson gets full-time caddie as Rahm gets new agent bounce

December 01, 2017 By Associated Press

NASSAU, Bahamas — Spanish star Jon Rahm has a new agent in a move that means Phil Mickelson will keep his brother as his caddie.

Lagardere Sports announced Friday Tim Mickelson, Rahm's coach at Arizona State until leaving to become his agent at Lagardere, has made a full-time move to be on the bag for his brother next year.

Mickelson and Jim "Bones" Mackay parted ways this summer for 25 years, and Mickelson used his brother for the rest of the year. That gave Tim Mickelson two jobs at the seven tournaments that Rahm and Mickelson played — a caddie for the five-time major champion, the agent for one of golf's rising stars.

Rahm now will be represented by Steve Loy, the president of golf at Lagardere, with Jeff Koski in the U.S. and Jamie Evans in Europe handling most of the daily affairs.

"Coach Mickelson will always be important to me and has done many good things to support my career, and I wish him and Phil well in their new partnership," Rahm said in a statement. "I am really excited to continue working with the team at Lagardere Sports and get the 2018 season underway."

Koski was the first agent at Lagardere who recruited Rahm while he played for the Sun Devils.

Rahm, who graduated from Arizona State in four years despite not speaking English when he arrived on campus, turned pro last summer and earned his PGA TOUR card in just four tournaments. He won at Torrey Pines in January, and then added victories in the Irish Open and the DP World Tour Championship in Dubai last month.

That moved the 23-year-old Spaniard to No. 4 in the world.

He also challenged Dustin Johnson down the stretch in a pair of World Golf Championships, losing to him on the 18th hole in the final of Dell Match Play.

Mickelson has not won since the 2013 British Open at Muirfield, though he extended a record last year by competing in his 24th consecutive team — Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup — for the Americans. He also last month became the only player to stay in the top 50 in the world ranking for 24 consecutive years.

Mickelson last played in the HSBC Champions, and he said then he was "not far enough along" in thinking about a caddie to discuss his plans.

Rahm starts the new year at Kapalua for the Sentry Tournament of Champions. Mickelson does not play until the CareerBuilder Challenge in the California desert. Mickelson said his health and outlook was still strong as he goes after two missing pieces from his career — a U.S. Open title that has kept him from the career Grand Slam, and a U.S. victory in the Ryder Cup on European soil.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Phil gets full-time caddy Empty Re: Phil gets full-time caddy

Post by j58golf Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:02 am

I hope this works out soon. Phil plans to play 5 in a row on west coast. Phil needs to feel comfortable out there and I'm sure all those caddies who fit the bill are taken. Let's face it this year is crucial for Phil if he doesn't win on west coast it may be a long year....I just don't want it to take the first 4 tournaments to knock off the rust. Lol

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:27 pm

yup--good move--I think this works for both of them

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content