Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil not arriving at Texas Valero Open until late Wednesday night

5 posters

Go down

Phil not arriving at Texas Valero Open until late Wednesday night Empty Phil not arriving at Texas Valero Open until late Wednesday night

Post by bulls9999 Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Well, I guess another missed cut then.  Not played this course before, all the players saying how it's a difficult driving course and you have to keep it in the fairway if you want to score.  And Phil not getting in a practice round, opting out of the ProAm and not getting in until late Wednesday night.

If he's not going to treat tournaments with some respect, prepare for them with any sense of professionalism, then I'm not going to be giving him any chance....36 holes and done!

Got a feeling 2015 going to be worse than 2014. Unbelievable.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Phil not arriving at Texas Valero Open until late Wednesday night Empty Re: Phil not arriving at Texas Valero Open until late Wednesday night

Post by Admin Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:36 am

I remain hopeful but one does wonder.

I suspect PHIL opted for Masters tune up this week.

I need to study up the course

Late early for PHIL so that is good

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Phil not arriving at Texas Valero Open until late Wednesday night Empty Re: Phil not arriving at Texas Valero Open until late Wednesday night

Post by j58golf Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:41 am

PHIL said after he canceled his trip to Augusta the Tuesday after Honda he would probably go the week of Valero or Shell to check it out. PHIL plays well in Houston so I M O that is his best shot at c ontending before the Masters. This week is starting the fine tuning. PHIL wants the major more than another win. Another win wont do much for his stature in the game. I hope thats the reason and everything is ok at home

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by LongLefty Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:36 pm

bulls9999 wrote:Well, I guess another missed cut then.  Not played this course before, all the players saying how it's a difficult driving course and you have to keep it in the fairway if you want to score.  And Phil not getting in a practice round, opting out of the ProAm and not getting in until late Wednesday night.

If he's not going to treat tournaments with some respect, prepare for them with any sense of professionalism, then I'm not going to be giving him any chance....36 holes and done!

Got a feeling 2015 going to be worse than 2014. Unbelievable.

He played the course last year. Made the cut on the number, W/D midway through his third round.

LongLefty

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:17 pm

Do we know why he opted out of the pro-am and is arriving late?

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:24 pm

gophil36 wrote:Do we know why he opted out of the pro-am and is arriving late?

That's what they said on the Golf Channel, that he used one of the 5 opt-outs (at least I think they said 5 allowed) they are allowed and wasn't expected to arrive in San Antonio until late Wednesday night.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:37 pm

My point is that it may have been a family thing or medical appt. or something if they didn't specifically say that he was at Augusta. Or wherever.

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum