Mickelson Pfanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think Phil wins another PGA tournament?

5 posters

Go down

Do you think Phil wins another PGA tournament? Empty Do you think Phil wins another PGA tournament?

Post by CoJack Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:24 am

I have always believed Phil would win a couple more tournaments but now I don't see it. I hope I am wrong but I don't see him being able to put 4 consecutive days of playing well. I still think getting rid of Bones was a big mistake. It's very sad seeing how age has caught up to his game.

CoJack

Back to top Go down

Do you think Phil wins another PGA tournament? Empty Re: Do you think Phil wins another PGA tournament?

Post by Admin Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:02 am

I think so and it could happen in 2017---When he is under the radar that is when he seems to shine

Admin
Admin

https://phil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Do you think Phil wins another PGA tournament? Empty Re: Do you think Phil wins another PGA tournament?

Post by gophil36 Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:03 am

I am not sure. Just when I give up on him, he surprises me. I think that changing caddies for this tournament was a mistake, as there were so many other changes leading up to the Open. He was playing faster without his Bones talk. Not sure what his problem was. Maybe he needed his brother to utter the same words Rory's caddie said to him. Not sure. This was the most boring Open I have ever attempted to watch!!! Sorry Kuch didn't pull it out!

gophil36

Back to top Go down

Post by j58golf Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:43 pm

If Phil doesn't at least contend at the PGA then Im starting to have my doubts. He has a great record at Quail Hollow and will have been playing the week before. I stumbled upon an article that said Phil went on another family vacation before Amanda goes off to college the week of the Scottish Open so maybe the reason of not wanting to learn a new course the week before a major was not the entire reason for not playing. Phil also said after MC he realized even though he thought he was prepared before the British Open he obviously wasn't and he realizes he needs to play the week before. He always said he needs to play the week before so this whole past month was more about family than golf and his golf sure suffered. Lets see how he finishes off the year. He does want to make the Pres Cup team. If he has a terrible rest of the season then the 2013 Open championship may have been his swan song 4 years is a long drought with no wins.

j58golf

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:17 am

Major? I think it will simply be a tough task for him to win a regular tournament.

My bad, I thought the title was 'will he win another major'. I don't see even winning another tournament the way he is going about playing now. No lead up tournaments, no practice rounds. It would be a complete surprise if he were to win. Maybe he can contend for a day or two.

bulls9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down