Career Builders Final round 2016

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Career Builders Final round 2016

Post by gophil36 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:57 pm

Johnny thinks Phil will win in the desert. Even old Brandel Chamblee is singing his praises. I think half (or more) of what those analysts say sometimes is just for response--like Brandel condemning Phil over the Ryder Cup/Tom Watson debacle.
My son-in-law is a CFA and works for a big financial company. He works about 19 hours a day, 7 days a week. I told my daughter last night that he's killing himself. She said they both know it. Congratulations to all of you and yours on your achievements. I believe that we have an outstanding group of fans/contributors on this site! Time passes so quickly. I can remember when your son was much younger, Bulls, and also it's impossible for me to believe that your daughter, Ralph is in grad school. Crazy.

gophil36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:34 pm

It's gonna be a good 'Phil year', hehehehe, it's gonna be a good Phil year!!

You're not kidding...time flies....
bulls9999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:13 am

Phil's Shots of the Week:

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/top-5-shots-phil-mickelson-edition/

I figure with 4 chip-ins, one on a par 3 that had steam on it, if missed would definitely have been 2 more strokes....saved him 5-6 strokes.
bulls9999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:08 pm

If he'd had some luck comparable to Jason's on the 17th, he could have won. His putting was so good, that it's not hard to imagine one more of them per round dropping, thus a tie or a win. I am not sure if he can continue this without a stumble, but I am not going to get too discouraged early, and these signs are so promising. He's a short game magician. I thought that some of his long irons were off target, but as the song says, "We've only just begun" (hopefully)!

gophil36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Farmer's Ins.Open tee times

Post by j58golf on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:42 pm

Well Phil is paired with Guess Who. ..Justin Rose..AGAIN and Jimmy Walker.

j58golf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:31 pm

But the scary part is, without the chip-ins, he'd have been 5-6 shots back, well down the list and looking like just a so-so round. So which is it?.... I guess we will see at Torrey Pines this week. Sounds like he's playing 4 in a row....is that Torrey Pines, Pebble Beach, and Riviera CC? ....when is the other desert course with the rowdy par-3?
bulls9999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gophil36 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:13 pm

Phoenix or Scottsdale--whichever. You're right, and he has some of the youngsters breathing down his neck, but at his best, I don't believe that the young guns are any better. Phil still has the length of a young man and a short game that is unmatched by anyone other than Seve maybe. I am just delighted, as after Phil's psoriatic arthritis diagnosis, there were those who thought he was pretty much finished with golf. It'll be interesting to see if he still has the crowd following him with other favorites in the field. I am sick to death of the Justin Rose pairing. Give me a break! Jimmy Walker is also a bit of a downer.

gophil36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bulls9999 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:08 pm

Justin Rose has the little-boy look to him....hate that in a competitor, lol.  Rather them have the gruffy look of a Bowditch :-)

bulls9999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top